I Am Told That The Dolphins Would Not Have Taken Josh Rosen At 11 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Am Told That The Dolphins Would Not Have Taken Josh Rosen At 11

Credit to Omar there on pointing out the paradox there in saying Tannehill's your guy but only because we couldn't afford to move up. ! That's hardly a ringing endorsement.

The point that Notso makes above that they only really had a chance to trade up for Allen, if they didn't want Rosen is very curious and despite the fact that I think we needed one of these top QBs, Allen would have been a disaster and I was delighted that he's gone to our division rivals.

Guess we'll continue to roll w a 30 yr old QB coming off knee surgery who hasn't done a thing.

Everybody moved up to get their QB and take the gamble that can turn a franchise around. We sit there like pussies and take a S. Glad we spent the money on McDonald. Just shows there is no plan in place, and the buffoonery that is this franchise will continue.

i love getting a playmaker on defense but we still lack a franchise qb. if, after 6 years you still think ryan tannehill can be that, take the blinders off.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Eagles just beat the Patriots to win the Superbowl w/o a true franchise QB?

Foles played really well, but he's never been a franchise QB. So it can be done if you have a really talented all-around team like the Eagles have.

lol of course he's gonna say that

That's what I thought at first, too, "Tannehill was always our guy" blah blah blah. But read the tweets. They admit they talked about trading up for a QB. Just not, apparently, Rosen. I can buy that.

I think the whole thing was a smoke screen to get our pick or smith to fall. I think Vea was in there too or at least should have been. Nelson was also a pipe dream, I thought the bears would take him but Indy is gonna be a player, just watch

i could have told you we weren't taking rosen if he was there.

i could not have told you minkah would fall to 11.

thankfully the cardinals bought our smokescreen.

I'm surprised we didn't want Rosen - he seemed to embody everything Gase values in a QB from a mechanical and mental aspect. Perhaps it was the concussions or the attitude which again reared itself in his post draft press conference.

OTOH, I'm not surprised there was no interest by anyone in Jackson until the Ravens moved up.. based on perceived value. He's the mental and mechanical antithesis of what Gase prizes - and we'll leave it at that cuz he seems to be a good kid regardless. As a mid 2nd rounder I do believe the potential gain would have justified the risk but not before.

FWIW, even if we wanted him, we never could have moved up for Darnold. However, he is an interception machine, a warm weather QB with a questionable USC lineage. Granted, McShay gave him the highest QB rating in this class, a "94" which is exactly he gave Tannehill in 2012. So there's that too.

Under the circumstances, knowing that the Bills and Jets were in front of us for QBs, I'm relieved that neither ended up with Mayfield and that the Bills spent draft capital to move up to get a guy with a 56% accuracy rate in a weak weak conference including a few games that looked more like they were wishbone formations /less than 100yds. But that was an improvement over his 49% JUCO completion rate, so you can take that for what it's worth. Today on one of the sports talk shows, someone was bringing that up and Allen's defender was blaming the OL, the teammates, etc. Maybe I'm crazy but if anyone here is condemning Tannehill for not overcoming the same +coaching , but still wanted to spend a top 10 on Allen, they really need to reevaluate their priorities!!!

Yes, I thought they'd like Rosen so I was wrong; however I'm pretty sure they thought Rosen, Darnold and maybe even Allen would go before Mayfield - who would have been worth a trade up. So much for that idea, eh?

Now there are other QBs who could well be better than Allen, Darnold and maybe Rosen. You know, mid round QBs like Wilson, Brady, Montana. They could well include include Falk, Lauletta, Woodside and/or White. Who's to say they're not on our radar or that with more seasoning ala Rodgers they might not end up better than the flavors du jour???

Now instead of P &M'ing about passing on some questionable QBs , why don't you rejoice over the defensive stud, leader, perfectionist, workaholic, versatile uncompromising winner we did steal. There's a detailed thread on Minkah. Check it out.

Miami played it perfectly. Push the QB narrative so teams feel the need to trade up in front of you (BUF & ARZ), resulting in more defensive talent falling to you. Very happy with the Minkah pick, as well as the intelligence that the FO showed (which we can’t say too often).

It's a super stupid and thoughtless move for Grier to say/admit/expose that they actually thought about moving up for a QB - what's the point of that to your current QB? "Light a fire under his ass" ? I don't see how that builds any positive energy inside the building... doesn't give the players playing with RT any faith in him either.

Is our GM really that dense?

It's a super stupid and thoughtless move for Grier to say/admit/expose that they actually thought about moving up for a QB - what's the point of that to your current QB? "Light a fire under his ***" ? I don't see how that builds any positive energy inside the building... doesn't give the players playing with RT any faith in him either.

Is our GM really that dense?
Is it stupid?
I think what he did there was set up the second round just like the first. He's telling teams he was going QB. So on day 2 now, teams may want to go up again for a QB and push a TE to us.
Just a possibility. These guys don't normally say arbitrary things in the middle of the draft like that w/o reason. Mind games.

Back
Top Bottom