I Am Told That The Dolphins Would Not Have Taken Josh Rosen At 11 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Am Told That The Dolphins Would Not Have Taken Josh Rosen At 11

Why? Were you worried that we'd take Rosen next or that the Raiders would trade with another team who wanted Fitz?

Top 10 trade ups are for QB's, not DB's so option 2 is hardly on the table. Don't worry, we didn't take Rosen. Those of you who would have hated the pick got your wish.......it doesn't make you correct and only time will tell if it's another fail for us but at least some fans are happy this morning.

My concern was that enough players we didn't want were picked before 11, so higher slotted players on our board would be there for us.

We really needed a QB who is better than average which T-Hill is after almost 7 years on our team. It was ou

RT is NOT average. We have a fantastic QB who has played through horrific coaching and OL play; the team's results have been average during that period.

you'll understand that if the surgery is good and our OL improves as mgmt is banking on.

oh, and spare the " SEVEN" year mantra, Gase and RT turned that thing around in the middle of year 5 (year 4.5 to be exact).

To say drafting a QB late is a waste of time is foolish. Where it doesnt happen often you can always point to the Tom Brady scenario. Fact is no one knows what QB will turn out to be what.... Mason Rudolph might turn out better than all chosen in first round

Like most draft years our fellow Dolphin fans are polarised with the 1st round pick, which of course should be this way otherwise it would be a boring world & forum!

I have to say Minkah looks like a great defensive back prospect & glad he is a Dolphin but feel it was a rather conservative pick made by the FO.

I admired the aggressiveness of the Bills, Ravens & past years Eagles front office in the draft which seems to be lacking from our FO.

Who knows if Josh Allen will make it in the NFL with his reported passing accuracy issues in college (btw, Marino & Favre all had low 50's passing accuracy rates coming out of college) or if Lamar Jackson ends up being Patty White 2.0, but these kind of moves do re-invigorate a fan base & at least give them some hope & energy for the future or at least the journey to get there, which has been sorely missing in South Florida.

Yes, the old oldage is defense wins Championships, but the NFL is shifting this momentum year by year by enhancing rules that favour a passing league. The Eagles defense only really turned up in the last qtr of the Superbowl to put a final nail in the coffin for the Pats but before that it was their offense which was blowing teams away, the same with the Pats the year before that including the Falcons.

We really needed a QB who is better than average which T-Hill is after almost 7 years on our team. It was our opportunity to at least make a move for one in Josh Rosen instead of letting the Cardinals jump past us from in my opinion a very talented QB pool which would set us up in good stead for the future.

This also probably means we are now committed to T-Hill & Gase for at least another 2 years, since next year's QB draft class looks poor. Its also unfair on people to put pressure on T-Hill by stating he will be our QB to get us to the superbowl or a deep playoff run. For heaven's sake he's a converted WR out of college that has done well to carve out a QB position, but you can see the difference when both healthy between T-Hill & Luck coming out of their draft.

Please don't now bother picking the average rated QBs in the later rounds such as Rudolph or White, its simply a wasted pick & too much of a hit & miss with the very rare exceptions of Wilson & Brady & more times than often these 2nd tier QBs's deficiencies get shown up in the NFL.

I fear us not making a move to solidify our QB future from a talented pool of 1st round QBs this year, when other divisional rivals have may set us back a few years when the T-Hill era is finally over - rant over & hope I'm wrong though!

Setting up for business now, but I may address some of the rest of this later; however in the interest of saving you some embarrassment, FYI Tannehill was a 3 star rated QB in high school, recruited to Texas A&M as a QB and while waiting for his time, agreed to line up as a WR, being the great athlete that he is, a position he excelled at also. So essentially he is not a recycled WR, but rather the rare QB who understands from the field level the routes run and defenses faced by his receivers. Hopefully that helps.

Also, FYI, McShay ranked Darnold at 94, the highest ranking of any QB in this class. That is the exact same QB ranking he gave THill in 2012. Also, I would say with confidence, no one QB has the "It Factor" that Mikah has nor was as good at their position as Fitz is as his!!!

Why? Were you worried that we'd take Rosen next or that the Raiders would trade with another team who wanted Fitz?

Top 10 trade ups are for QB's, not DB's so option 2 is hardly on the table. Don't worry, we didn't take Rosen. Those of you who would have hated the pick got your wish.......it doesn't make you correct and only time will tell if it's another fail for us but at least some fans are happy this morning.

I can hear the heartbreak in your message. :(

A QB was never in the plans in the first round for the Phins, all smoke screen IMO. I love the Fitz pickup, but was surprise that they didn't go LB with Edmunds still on the board.
Agreed I thought they were going linebacker all the way

RT is NOT average. We have a fantastic QB who has played through horrific coaching and OL play; the team's results have been average during that period.

you'll understand that if the surgery is good and our OL improves as mgmt is banking on.

oh, and spare the " SEVEN" year mantra, Gase and RT turned that thing around in the middle of year 5 (year 4.5 to be exact).
He also thinks that RT17 is a recycled WR instead of excelling at/understanding the nuts and bolts of receiving while waiting his turn under center... so consider the source.

I really thought it was blatantly obvious all along we weren't going QB. I honestly can't believe anyone didn't see it. Nobody shows there cards before the draft like the fins were doing, nobody. I know many think our FO is dumb and maybe some thought they were dumb enough to tell everyone what they were doing so I can kind of see that. Here's the timeline of events:

1. We never really did much with Darnold or Allen because it was never believed they'd be there at 11, waste of time for our smokescreen.
2. Initially Mayfield was perceived as the most likely to drop to 11, surprise, surprise the fact that Adam Gase LOVES Mayfield is leaked to the media.
3. As time goes on it appears Josh Rosen is becoming the most likely QB to be available at 11, even bigger surprise it's leaked to the media that Adam Gase is obsessed with Josh Rosen.
As if that wasn't enough to rule out QB
4. For good measure we spend some time with the guy who is perceived to be the 5th best option Lamar Jackson, maybe, just maybe we can get another team to trade above us.
Now we are at the most obvious time in the whole thing
5. It's leaked to the media that Ryan Tannehill got a vote of confidence that he's the 2018 starter even if Miami drafts a QB in the 1st round just hours, that's right hours before the draft.

LOL, LOL, LOL I was born at night but not last night. That last icing should have had every Dolphins fans crossing QB off their lists.

Yep, I said as much yesterday. Miami was screaming "HEY GUYS WE WANT A QUARTERBACK!" And it made no goddamn sense to announce that to the world that loudly.

And last night I saw that Miami said "Oh, we discussed trading up for a quarterback." Why on EARTH would you say that after the fact? Hint, it's because you want teams to think you are still aggressively in the quarterback market.

I bet you we wind up just drafting McGough in round 6 or 7 after loading up on talent at other positions of need, like TE, LB, etc.

The Fins may not have taken Rosen but it would have been nice if the Cards traded with us to move up and grab him rather than jump us by one pick!!!! We have numerous holes to fill.

We really needed a QB who is better than average which T-Hill is after almost 7 years on our team.

You find an average QB in this league and you stick with him. Look at some of the amazing seasons other average QBs have put in, like Alex Smith, Eli Manning, Andy Dalton. And even sub average QBs like Joe Flacco, Bortles have taken their team far. Average is pretty good in a QB.

The Fins may not have taken Rosen but it would have been nice if the Cards traded with us to move up and grab him rather than jump us by one pick!!!! We have numerous holes to fill.

Not if that meant missing out on Minkah.

Back
Top Bottom