I am torn between change and Spielman as GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am torn between change and Spielman as GM

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
After seeing the same problems from the past few years I wanted a change..in coaching..in philosophy...in alot of things. That being said..I always liked Spielman...think he is a young,smart, talented guy who is really good at what he does. If he was not hired by us...he would have been scooped up by someone. So does having him at GM change anything???..I don't know...I am hoping so....tough call...what does everyone else think?

Think of it this way, had Rick been GM last year, we would of had Boldin opposite Chambers. How does that make you feel?

I just can't help but think we put the cart before the horse. Dave W getting his extension put us in a little bit of a spot looking for a GM who wouldn't want to get a new coach. I do believe in Spielman....he has ALOT of tough decisions ahead.

Dan fires coaches and assistants. Spielman gets players and cuts them.

Originally posted by Jaj
Dan fires coaches and assistants. Spielman gets players and cuts them.

i think Wanny will be our coach at least for this year for a couple of reasons:
1) Most of the players like him and are willing to play for him.
2) Spielman will have some heavy roster moves to make this year and i think his relationship with dave and keeping him coach means he can put all his energy into rebuilding this teams offense and salary cap.
3) Getting a new head coach would mean too many things going on for players, fans, and management to handle at one time.

I dont know if Dan would fire anyone with his new job right out of the gun, which is nothing more than dan overseeing everything and basically letting people do their jobs like i know he knows they are capable of.

Next year........all bets are on.

Back
Top Bottom