I am very worried | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I am very worried

breckenridge55

K-STATE PHIN
Reaction score
Guys, I am starting to get very worried. With the cut of Leon Searcy this o-line is starting to look worse than it was last year. Everyone except Nails and Wade are aging and several of them are playing through very nagging injuries that are affecting their play. Dixon, Ruddy, and Perry aren't getting any better and we've already lost two starters already. Looks a lot like last season and if our o-line is as bad as it was last year, I don't think we gotta shot no matter who our RB is. Someone better step up or else we could be very mediocre this season as the defense is also getting worse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should give up now, but as each week goes on, I am praying we stay healthy because right now we could be in some big trouble.

By the way, cutting Daryl Gardener looks good on our part. He didn't play in the first 3 games (not sure on the 4th) for the 'Skins because of ________? You guessed it, back problems, just like last season. Looks like the 'Skins may have made a bad investment.

Injuries are always a concern, but...

... sorry this OL is much better than last years version. We have a better LT in Dixon, the LG Nails should be just as good as Dixon was last year, C Ruddy is healthy again and is hungry, RG Perry has shown he is finally getting use to playing RG not LG, and RT if Wade can stay healthy this year the sky is the limit for this kid. Not to mention we have Mr. turner calling the plays. It's always easier for an OL when the defenders doesn't know what play is coming next.

Plus the HB makes the OL. :)

Oliver...

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Guys, I am starting to get very worried. With the cut of Leon Searcy this o-line is starting to look worse than it was last year. Everyone except Nails and Wade are aging and several of them are playing through very nagging injuries that are affecting their play. Dixon, Ruddy, and Perry aren't getting any better and we've already lost two starters already. Looks a lot like last season and if our o-line is as bad as it was last year, I don't think we gotta shot no matter who our RB is. Someone better step up or else we could be very mediocre this season as the defense is also getting worse. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we should give up now, but as each week goes on, I am praying we stay healthy because right now we could be in some big trouble.

By the way, cutting Daryl Gardener looks good on our part. He didn't play in the first 3 games (not sure on the 4th) for the 'Skins because of ________? You guessed it, back problems, just like last season. Looks like the 'Skins may have made a bad investment.

Oliver...Couldn't have said it better.

I agree 100%....This OL will be much better, all they need is time.

PHINZ RULE!!!

listen to some of the good RB..........

I always thought it was the OL that makes the HB?
they say it works both ways! a good running back and line get on the same page and they can do wonders for each other!:D

I can only speak of what I was taught...

... my OL coach always said it and I agree with him.

Cowboy's Nate Newton said it best, before this guy Emmitt Smith got here I was a nobody. There are many many more football players and coaches that echo this sentiment.

There are rare cases such as the Broncos OL from a few years ago that it didn't matter who they put back there. But I say they became that good because of this lil HB named Terrell Davis. Before Davis they were considered to be a good pass blocking OL.

OL is all about confidence and imposing your will on another human being. If you have crap behind you that's only going to cut the bread so long before even the BEST OL starts to look bad.

Oliver...

I always thought it was the OL that makes the HB?

hi guys n girls

maybe im a bit out of touch here in england, but i finally managed to listen to the final pre-season game against the bears and i thought Obafemi Ayanbadejo had a great game, therefore i was rather surprised to hear a few days later that he's gone.

but, i bow to you lots superior knowledge of these things, so can you give me your thoughts on this player and his being cut.

also, the 3rd string qb seemed to move the ball well, i appreciate he has his limitations but he seemed very good at certain things.

finally, your overall thoughts on the coming season, will the restructuring of the leagues help or hinder us????

Your out of touch with NFL, but I get lots of Premiership soccer in my house. Bad for you, but its good for me because I like soccer. :)

Flipper.......
Femi getting cut was a mild surprise to most observers.....no one is real sure if Dyer can take over Konrad's role if Rob gets injured...
the third string QB.....Sage Rosenfels......is a former 4th round pick who was picked up in a trade with the Redskins, for a conditional seventh rounder ( if, by some miracle he ends up playing 5o% of the snaps....the pick becomes a 5th rounder) the week before the bears' game.....he looked awesome considering how little time he has been with the team....He's got a strong arm and he can run well......we may have stolen a good QB from the 'skins.....:D

and Finally my thoughts on the season....

SUPER BOWL OR BUST, BABY!!!! GO DOLPHINS!!!!

About the OL: nobody is disputing that the starting 5 are better than last year. The cause for most to have concern is the depth or lack thereof.

I live right outside DC and sage was a steal. He was by far the best QB on washingtons roster. I have seen every crappy DEADskins game you can imagine. Practices and all that crap. Spurrier didn't even want to draft p. ramsey. He thought sage was a better prospect. Mini-me(dan snyder) wanted ramsey. Sage was a steal trust me.

You know what's wild the T we just traded to the Buc's is starting..and I bet we didn't put any conditions in our trade clause that would up the pick if he plays a certain percentage

No, we didn't....but the move is only to fire up Kenyatta.

If there was a condition, they wouldn't be starting him for sure.

Stupid move on our part if we didn't put a playing condition in the contract. Even if its a crazy one like Rosenfelds has, cause you never know.

Back
Top Bottom