I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

sounds like settling to me. id like to be aggressive and get exactly who we want, based on our scouting and evals.
Since they made the decision to trade out of the third pick and then back up to the sixth pick, that tells me they won’t be settling at all when they make their pick at 6. Obviously they have at least 3 players they will be happy with at six since they know the first three picks will be QB’s.

I think they will be extremely happy with whichever player they draft with their first pick and if Pitts and Chase are already off the board, they won’t care one bit. If making sure they could have drafted one of those two players was important to Grier and Flores, they would have remained at 3 and not traded out of that pick.

Since they made the decision to trade out of the third pick and then back up to the sixth pick, that tells me they won’t be settling at all when they make their pick at 6. Obviously they have at least 3 players they will be happy with at six since they know the first three picks will be QB’s.

I think they will be extremely happy with whichever player they draft with their first pick and if Pitts and Chase are already off the board, they won’t care one bit. If making sure they could have drafted one of those two players was important to Grier and Flores, they would have remained at 3 and not traded out of that pick.
i agree, they will be most likely be happy if there plan was be in the position to take 1 of 3 players (estimating). I was just saying, would have been awesome if they know/knew exactly who they wanted and went and got him. i am pretty confident its smith they want, realistically

I think the wildcard in all of this is Waddle. While I do think there’s a better than average chance that one of Pitts or Chase makes it to #6, in the event that they’re both gone, I’m starting to feel more and more like Miami will pivot from Smith and go with Waddle.

If I was a betting man, I’d actually wager that both Pitts and Chase will be available when Miami picks. I’m really starting to feel like Atlanta is either going to use #4 to take a shot at getting Matt Ryan’s replacement or trade out with Denver. If we really think about it, Atlanta probably really hopes/doesn’t plan on drafting in the top 5 again anytime soon, so the real value for them is either getting the QB of the future, or leveraging #4 into extra draft capital to a QB needy team. It just doesn’t make sense for them to stay put at 4 and take Pitts. With Cincy, I could easily see them taking Chase and reuniting him with his college QB, but I think we’re all starting to forget Joe Burrow being carted off the field with a shattered leg and the fact that Cincy still really needs to add an O-Line anchor to protect their brand new franchise QB.

This makes a too much sense.

Someone is bound to complain about it - LOL

sounds like settling to me. id like to be aggressive and get exactly who we want, based on our scouting and evals.
Settling on the best of the pack? I guess, but in reality, does anyone know for sure who will produce the most out of Pitts, Chase, Sewell? Its a crapshoot anyway, so yes, Ill settle on one of those 3 and grab that extra first rounder for trading back 3 spots. So your choice is pick of the litter, or take the remaining guy and a first rounder. Im taking choice 2 this draft.

I don't see missing out on Chase as a bad thing. I think he'll be a good receiver, but I like the top part of the draft for receivers. Smith and Waddle would be great additions, with both having certain positives that would help this team offensively.

I think Pitts would be a great add, and the drop off from him to Pat/Brevin etc is a bit. But not the end of the world thing.

I'd draft Pitts, Chase and Smith.....in that order.

My conundrum is that I think Waddle might be the best fit for our team.

If the Broncos make a serious offer for 6, I'd probably bite. I'm thinking a 2022 2nd rounder and pick 114 this year?

I understand why most wouldn't though.

Our FO knows what they want to accomplish. I can't see a scenario where I'm pissed off April 29th.

They should draft an athletic playmaker, like Parsons. In first round they should always draft super athletic players who also have produced in college at high level.

I'd draft Pitts, Chase and Smith.....in that order.

My conundrum is that I think Waddle might be the best fit for our team.

If the Broncos make a serious offer for 6, I'd probably bite. I'm thinking a 2022 2nd rounder and pick 114 this year?

I understand why most wouldn't though.

Our FO knows what they want to accomplish. I can't see a scenario where I'm pissed off April 29th.
Denver would have to give us at least a 1st round pick for us to move back to 9 but I don't see us moving back from 6

The fins aren't missing out on anything, those are the players that you want to be chosen, Smith, Pitts, Wadde will be there and maybe chase, teams don't trade down without having a plan to find a player that can help them, you're acting like the team is picking 20th.

Atlanta may very well take Pitts and have another go at it with Matt Ryan over the next couple of years. If the Bengals take Sewell in that scenario, then Chase is there for us. If they go Chase, then we draft Smith.

Either way I'm fine.

Atlanta may very well take Pitts and have another go at it with Matt Ryan over the next couple of years. If the Bengals take Sewell in that scenario, then Chase is there for us. If they go Chase, then we draft Smith.

Either way I'm fine.
i was leery about taking a TE at 3 with our QB of the future on the roster.

Needing a QB of the future and taking a TE at 4?

Los Halcones would need to have Juevos Rancheros!

Back
Top Bottom