I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I believe will miss out on Chase/Pitts

It appears more and more mock drafts and so called experts think the Falcons will draft Pitts if they stay at 4. While their biggest needs are on defense, obviously the view is that with Pitts at TE and Jones and Ridley at WR, they will be one of the most potent offenses in the entire league.

They have Ryan signed for 3 more years and he will be better over the next three years than any QB they could draft with the 4th pick in the draft. So they draft Pitts at 4 and then go defense with the majority of the picks they have after the first round. Makes sense to me.

I think the Bengals will likely draft Chase because that is who Burrow wants and they are building the team around Burrow. So the Dolphins will end up most likely with Smith, Waddle, or Sewell.
Give me Smith

Quality>Quantity....

Though I just Dont know it's necessary this year. Not sure the earlier pick 'Quality' justifies losing 'quantity' in this draft.
I dont think we're going to get value trading up for a guy in the early rounds vs taking guys who are still there.
For example, if we dont get one of the 'Big 4' at WR/TE, then we cant justify the value of trading up from 18 (and losing how many picks in this year or next year or that 2023 first?!?) To get back in the Top 11-12 to grab a Smith or Waddle.
Yes I agree that quality over quantity but like you said, moving up for a WR like some people here want to do is not the smart move imo. You have guys like Marshal, Bateman,Moore and Toney that you can have at 18 if you want. Most likely all will still be there and all 4 can make plays for you....btw, Elijah Moore is my favorite of the 4.

If all we needed was one WR then I could understand wanting to move up from 18 but we still need a pass rusher, a RB, maybe a safety and possibly a center. We don't need to be using multiple high picks on one player.

There is no doubt were getting two quality prospects at 6 and 18. Stay right were you are unless the trade offer is one you cant refuse. At 6 youre getting a pick of Sewell/Chase/Pitts/Waddle/Smith and at 18 you should be able to grab talent on the OL/DL/LB area.

If Chase/Pitts are both gone... I'd either take Sewell or shop the pick to Denver/Carolina, but I wouldn't go back any further than #9. I think 4 QBs and Sewell go in the top 9... so that leaves one or more of Pitts, Chase, Smith or Waddle at 9... possibly even Sewell.

Take BPA at 8/9 (Smith, Parsons, Waddle) and at #18 (WR, Harris, Paye, Phillips). Pick up a #1 or collection of picks to drop a couple spots.

I think Chase and Pitts will be drafted before our pick, especially after Pitts' pro day. So, if that happens what should we do ?
I don't believe they will both be gone, but I am also not 100% sure those two guys sit at the top of Miami's draft board. For me personally I'm fine at #6 if I hear (in no particular order) Pitts, Parsons, Sewell, Chase, Smith or Waddle. I'm probably in the minority that lean towards Sewell or Parsons over the others.

I think we are in a position to get the best player available with or top 4 picks. Except for outside lb and maybe center, we should be as good as last yr or better across the board talent-wise. Yes this is all on paper but, all of our rookies should improve , o-line having an offseason together especially since 3 were rookies, our RBs are all young and should all improve. Adding Fuller and the op outs at w/o. We have a good depth at t/e. DL was improved through f/a. Inside LB was improved. Our secondary was good last yr if IGGy improves it can be great. My point is hell if we draft Sewell at 6 , great . We get a 20 yr old stud and we have the makings of a dominant o-line for 5 yrs. Get Parsons on d, lookout, one of the final pieces of the puzzle. Pitts a matchup nightmare. Would give Tua a great safety blanket. It would be good to add a w/o but there is such a deep class of them and next yr as well it is becoming like rbs as the position you do not have to reach for. If we love Carr then take him, if not we are still good. All I can say is thank you Larry Tunsil. The gift that keeps on giving

Back
Top Bottom