I bet too much on Miami and Tua/Waddle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I bet too much on Miami and Tua/Waddle

It probably doesn't matter if the money line moves against you if you're only placing the first bet but it would be preferable had it moved the other way to make you think you got a deal betting early. The majority of the world is probably watching the non stop Tua bashing and the amazing Mac Jones running up the score against players that won't even see the field. I'm confident we'll compete and we have a good shot to win it as long as the refs don't decide it. I didn't bet on this game but hoping to come out of it healthy with a W.
The better a bettor you are, the more your bets move the line. The closer you get to the game, the more the betting limits go up and the more everyone is agreeing with the lines. But yeah, the mistake isnt placing the initial bet, was just saying alot of people bet on +130 and decide to bet +148 a couple of days later thinking its a bargain. Thats the real mistake.

Last edited:
The better a bettor you are, the more your bets move the line. The closer you get to the game, the more the betting limits go up and the more everyone is agreeing with the lines. But yeah, the mistake isnt placing the initial bet, was just saying alot of people bet on +130 and decide to bet +148 a couple of days later thinking its a bargain. Thats the real mistake.
I didnt bet again, just my original +130 Dolphins ML...

Do the emotional hedge bet. Bet NE to win. If they do, you get money. If they don’t, Miami obviously did.

Can’t lose.
I tried this last year. Always felt like a bummer if I win or lose.

Most probably know these basics, I don't meant to sound like some betting expert or life coach dickhead but...

Big things I have learned but yet to master:
never bet at the end of a night while sitting at your computer after drinking
don't install the betting apps on your phone, make it more difficult to bet
3 leg parlays max, 4 legs is too many imo
also - don't bet parlays
don't bet the over/under
don't try to make money or see it as potential income (most important imo)

Also:
money won is twice as sweet as money earned (-Paul Newman in Color of Money)
anyone that bet a teaser with Dallas +3 Thurs is a damn genius

Next thing I need to master: don't post on the internet what so ever anywhere after drinking. I failed again at this one tonight.

I bet on this game back when it was like pre season week 1 lol, just had the itch so bad

Placed another after Cam was released

Also saw a 20% boost on any game today, and said f it, I'll take the odds instead of a "gimme matchup" ..... I honestly am not scared of the Pats today. Just have to stop their run game, and we can feast on ol macdonald

Some random bets I made months or so ago:

-Jaire Alexander over 1.5 ints
-Tua over 24.5 passing TDs for the season
-Joe Burrow comeback player (ugh why didnt i pick dak? only a few bucks tho anyways)
-Phins make playoffs, Waddle over 5.5 TDs, Howard over 5.5 ints (also only did a few bucks)
-Zach Wilson passing yards under 3825
-Phins win super bowl :) (hey, why not, if does, big pay day from 25 bucks)

Back
Top Bottom