I didn't know.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I didn't know....

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Losing Boston hurts, because we have no depth at WR. But it isn't like Boston is a superstar here.

I didn't know David Boston was the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice. This guy has won nothing in this league and has been a team cancer everywhere he has gone.

When I heard of the news today, I didn't get as upset as some of you. I didn't see all the doom and gloom. Sure, I would rather have Boston then not have him. I am more mad at the front office though for not having any other WR's on this team to come in and do an adequate job. But Miami can rebound from this.

Can they rebound from Ricky? Probably not. But they can fill Boston's shoes. Just gonna take some work by our GM and front office.

What do you think Spielman should do? Sit tight and play out the season?..Sign Tim Brown?...make a trade?

MikeO said:
Losing Boston hurts, because we have no depth at WR. But it isn't like Boston is a superstar here.

I didn't know David Boston was the 2nd coming of Jerry Rice. This guy has won nothing in this league and has been a team cancer everywhere he has gone.

When I heard of the news today, I didn't get as upset as some of you. I didn't see all the doom and gloom. Sure, I would rather have Boston then not have him. I am more mad at the front office though for not having any other WR's on this team to come in and do an adequate job. But Miami can rebound from this.

Can they rebound from Ricky? Probably not. But they can fill Boston's shoes. Just gonna take some work by our GM and front office.

Good point. We had Thompson as our #2 last year, and he will be again. We're only replacing Minnis with McKnight. I think we should slow down and think

Tim Brown isn't the answer. Plus if Tim Brown couldn't get along with Norv, odds are him and Wannstedt won't be too tight.

I would try and make a trade and watch the waiver wire. But we were doing that with Kendall and dropped the ball there when we came in with a very weak offer. I undertand Kendall could have gone anywhere, but the offer Miami gave him was insulting and very weak. A low salary 1-year deal. Please. The guy is a 31 year old, young, durable, quality o-linemen who got cut because he couldn't get along with Green. The guy can play. Our offer was insulting.

Noodle Arm said:
What do you think Spielman should do? Sit tight and play out the season?..Sign Tim Brown?...make a trade?
Make a trade A.S.A.P.

After our RB retired I was a little down, but I still knew we had a shot at being a great team. After this Boston thing, I am drinking heavily. I am as optimistic as they get, but this is almost funny how bad it's getting around here. I'm afraid to check this site anymore because I am almost guaranteed it's going to be bad news.

as stated in another thread..

This team needs a respected WR than will keep the double team off of Chambers.. with less than a month before the season starts, we are not going to be able to find the second coming of Jerry Rice.. but we need one respected receiver for one year.. the amount of catches, the amount of yards and TD's are second to keeping the pressure off Chambers.. in my opinion

A Stud!

David Boston is no Jerry Rice but who knew Jerry was gonna be the best receiver ever? Don't tell me "ALA" SELF PROMOTING BILL WALSH!!! That big headed turd hit the bullseye on a small school talent! As for Boston, how can you not be upset? The guy is no doubt a pro bowl receiver when his head is in the game. It was was at OHIO STATE and a couple of years ago at Arizona. The thing I think, like me upsets us, is that all signs indicated his head was here to be a stud receiver we so desperately needed to complement Chris Chambers. He dropped the pounds the Jerry Sullivan and the Phins asked him to. Which in my eyes say he was ready to give up a bodybuilder to be the best receiver he could be! Then he had great mini-camps, onto camp where he was back to the weight which made him a PRO BOWLER two years ago. On top of that he was dominating thus far!! That's what is the salt in the wound!! Especially the grim hope we had since Ricky split!!

Back
Top Bottom