I don' t know if this is possible but.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don' t know if this is possible but....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
seeing that Champ Bailey's agent has been given permission is to try and drum up a trade for his client why don't the dolphins see if they could unload Madison to these same teams. I heard on the ESPN yesterday that the asking price for Champ was a 1st, a 2nd, and another player so I would take either the 1st or the 2nd for him. I don't know if it's possible due to salary cap implications but I really think we need to get a guy who's hungry and who plays hard all the time. Madison to me seems to have lost a little (I may be wrong).

well I didn't have necessarily in mind but possibly a FA or a draft pick. The purpose of the trade would be to stir up the defense a bit and get some cap relief as well as to get younger. Madison's play has decreased in the past couple of years and I don't want to pay a guy top-dollar when he's on his way down.

Cornerback is not a priority here. I'm sorry, but Surtain and Madison as a tandem are still in the top 5 in the NFL. Salary is a problem, but let's wait and see how the restructure goes. Buckley was a key player, but not an every down player and Fletcher cannot get the job done. Corners are hung out and susceptible to the big play every down and these two still have enough. Obviously the questions regard Madison more than Surtain and rightfully so, but I've seen Madison play some shut down corner. What needs to stop is the costly personal fouls and poor tackling. Every corner is going to give up plays, it's part of the game so if he eliminates the ridiculous penalties and improves tackling, there really is no better option under our conditions.

AFAIK we cannot trade Sam without a huge cap hit for all guaranteed income/bonuses we have already paid him. The best we can do is extend him and convert salary to a combo of guarantee salary and incentive based salary.

My problem is so many Dolphins fans think you NEED two shutdown corners. How many teams that have been in the Superbowl lately have had two guys the caliber of Madison and Surtain?? At most, they would be lucky to have a guy on par with one of them.

Madison is OVERPAID and on the decline. We need to stop mortgaging the future by being loyal to defensive stars. Jason Taylor deserves his money ... for now, as does Surtain... but we need to begin to start cutting ties with the guys that are hampering our moves in free agency. Those guys include Madison, and I'm sad to say it... but very soon it will also include Zach Thomas.

We are a few years away from having the complete package on offense. If we keep trying to retain these guys who HAVE produced at the top tier but are on their way down, about the time we are paeking on offense, our defense will be falling apart. It would be better to take a hit for one year to get rid of some of these guys and begin rebuilding on BOTH sides with young, motivated, hungry players... so we can hit on all sylinders at the same time. This year would have been the perfect oppurtunity to do so... however, we retained Wannstedt so it makes it difficult to do so.

Madison should only stay if he takes a pay CUT... another restructure that just raises the cap penalty should we release him in the future should NOT be considered.

Releasing/Trading Madison is a bad idea simply because we would take a major cap hit. The best thing to do in this situation is to restructure his contract.

Anything is possible man just put your heart into it and anything can be accomplished...oooopppsss I forgot to mention put your head into it too...looks like you forgot to do the latter...and the answer to your question is NO!!!

Back
Top Bottom