I don't care | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't care

Some drafts don't even have ONE good QB... Very unlikely that the Dolphins will find their answer at QB in this draft the way it is looking right now. They could always luck into someone like Seahawks did with Wilson, but its still very much a longshot.
Some drafts don't even have ONE good QB... Very unlikely that the Dolphins will find their answer at QB in this draft the way it is looking right now. They could always luck into someone like Seahawks did with Wilson, but its still very much a longshot.

The only QB likely to be drafted before Miami selects at 5 is Burrow. The only way they could have gotten the first pick in the draft would have been if they had gone winless this season. Because the Bengals went into tank mode halfway through the season and they were determined to lose as many games as necessary to ensure they have the first pick in the draft.

While I have my own concerns about Tua because of his hip surgery and the second tier QB’s, Love, Herbert, and Eason, I think the Dolphins will end up drafting one of these QB’s in the first round. In fact if he is medically cleared to play football, I think they will probably draft Tua at 5 and let him sit out the 2020 season to give him more time to fully recover.

I think they are still two drafts and two free agent periods from being a playoff team. So by the time they are ready to legitimately challenge for a playoff spot, Tua should be fully recovered and ready to take control of the offense.

I know the "hype" will have zero effect on Flo. He may, in fact, use it to his advantage. If a player starts to get out of hand, I have no doubt Flores will put them in their place.

So who, exactly, is the media hype going to affect?
Yeah I think the hype thing - which we will have - will not affect this team as we have real leadership and we don’t have a bunch of hot headed, self loving WR divas on the roster. I think it’s hilarious that people like Jim Rome etc were saying we weren’t an NFL team back in week 4 etc and now we are worried about hype!

Trying to figure out your point to these posts Skape. We were #5 going in and #5 going out of the game. Would you have preferred they lost? They haven't been a position for the first pick for a couple of months now.....should they just give up since they aren't getting Burrow?

I don't think anyone who is even a casual fan doesn't understand the QB situation. How does losing today help that?

Most of my responses were made before any of the other results came in. Turns out it wouldn't have mattered at all, which is great. TBH, if it wasn't #1 or #2, where else we ended up in the Top 10 didn't matter much. Right now its Burrow, Young and everyone else...

But overall, this season was just frustrating because they were completely out of it from the beginning so we knew this team was going nowhere. It was all about finding that QB to finally right this franchise. All of that went out the window when Fitzpatrick came back in and then Tua's injury.

Then add seeing Tannehill bring the Titans to the playoffs with some gaudy performances.

Don't get me wrong, it's been great to see that this coaching staff appears to be legit. I was vocal in my criticisms about Flores early on, but he has definitely proven me wrong. At the very least, he will be a competent HC with a solid staff.

But the problem still remains. Without a legit young QB moving forward, all of this is for naught. This coaching staff will go the way of Sparano and Gase in 3 years.

That's the problem with a new coaching staff relying on a vet QB to paper over the rough edges. It gives them a false sense of security, and then when that vet is gone, the problems in grooming a young QB to take up the mantle arises, and they don't have time to really see it out because by that time the pressure to make the playoffs is already on.

I would feel a LOT better about this season if they did all this with Rosen instead of Fitzpatrick. At least then there'd be some hope that the coaching staff would already have their QB moving forward in place instead hoping Grier pulls a rabbit out of a hat in the draft.

Please, 5 years from now no one will remember or care about this game when Chase Young is destroying QBs. It's probably unlikely that Lions, Giants and Skins will all win, so ultimately it may not matter, but if they do and Dolphins lost out on that talent, it will suck more in the long run.
Or in five years, he could be just like Vernon Gholston, the Ohio State LB who's records Chase just broke, and entirely forgotten. We just won't know until the games over the next years are played out.

It will be hard to win the offseason without a real QB option available. Flores and staff did a great job to finish the season, but ultimately, if they don't land a legit young QB soon, they will be out the door by 2022.

Flores fate is now in the hands of Grier finding that QB without a #1 pick. If history is any indication, that is a bit worrisome.

I'm fine with Fitz being brought back or going with Rosen and seeing what they have there. But winning five games and almost winning a couple of more with this roster is a miracle.

Back
Top Bottom