I don't care | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't care

It will be hard to win the offseason without a real QB option available. Flores and staff did a great job to finish the season, but ultimately, if they don't land a legit young QB soon, they will be out the door by 2022.

Flores fate is now in the hands of Grier finding that QB without a #1 pick. If history is any indication, that is a bit worrisome.
991.jpg
Soon???? You act like we are 3 years in. The coaching staff has been here less than a year, and have pretty much worked miracles.

WTH is your problem exactly? Pissed we didn't go 0-16?

Freakin ridiculous.
Rationality is your friend. Seriously..

We might not be getting the quarterback people thought, but we did get something much much better... A top tier coaching staff. A championship possible coaching staff.

I don't feel like I'm riding a high on this, they have, inarguably, the worst talent in the NFL. Only a quality coach can bring this much fire and competitiveness with this pile of poo. Great great job.
Flores’ second year will be very telling to what our future holds. There’s a good chance we go into next season having gone through the hype machine the way the Browns did this year. I don’t have playoff expectations for next season, but if those expectations are inflated by media hoopla and if the coaching staff buckled under unrealistic expectations we could see more grumbling next year at this time.
That said, I’m extremely happy with the win today and with the effort and growth this group of guys showed this year. Here’s to improving on what we’ve done in 2020.

View attachment 35435
Soon???? You act like we are 3 years in. The coaching staff has been here less than a year, and have pretty much worked miracles.

Freakin ridiculous.

There's no reasoning with some folks.
It is what it is...

Flores’ second year will be very telling to what our future holds. There’s a good chance we go into next season having gone through the hype machine the way the Browns did this year. I don’t have playoff expectations for next season, but if those expectations are inflated by media hoopla and if the coaching staff buckled under unrealistic expectations we could see more grumbling next year at this time.
That said, I’m extremely happy with the win today and with the effort and growth this group of guys showed this year. Here’s to improving on what we’ve done in 2020.

Hype? Really? Have you seen this roster?
Do you think the wins and competitive games later in the season has been because of hype?

Lost in all of this is that the Dolphins got rid of a few malcontents who didn't want to be Dolphins and started to change the culture. I gives a fat baby's bottom about anyone not a Dolphin. Flores has done a masterful job of getting these window washing football players to play at a high level.

Do you think the wins and competitive games later in the season has been because of hype?
This would have been impressive with an experienced head coach, let alone a rookie.

In fact, I don't know that anyone has ever have done more with less. If there has been, I know it's a very very short list.

View attachment 35435

Freakin ridiculous.

The problem is that we are no closer to finding a legit young franchise QB than we were a year ago.

I’ve seen this same movie too many times before... a new coach comes in to have some success with a vet QB, vet QB leaves, coaching staff crumbles and fails without a viable QB option.

It’s the same script we saw with Saban, Sparano and Gase.

Finding a legit young QB is hard. It either requires a competent FO (Ravens) or sheer luck (Bengals).

The fact of the matter is that if they don’t find a young franchise QB this year or next year, it’s over... Flores and co will fail. Doesn’t matter how good they are.

Yes. Hype. The talking heads have already started waxing about how we’ve exceeded expectations for the last month. Whether or not you want to admit it there will be hype surrounding us.
And really you’re missing the point of my post. It’s that what we see in Year Two from their coaching staff will go a long way towards predicting where our ceiling is under this regime.

Is Burrow a special talent vs the best QB prospects of other years?
Also, even if Tua had stayed healthy, he's still short and is he a 'special talent' vs the best QB prospects of other seasons?
There was just no way we couldve tanked hard enough to be #1 overall because developing our own players and a winning football mindset was more important and achievable. If we had been that bad then we'd be questioning our coach and Every position group.
The Bengals have a crisis in coaching and lack talent everywhere other than WR, to some degree.
Dolphins have coaching that these guys would run through a wall for and some position groups that look promising.
Miami could get a QB like Jordan Love in the 2nd, or, worst-case, our pick from Houston, and have him compete with Rosen behind Fitz. Meanwhile, we'll have more talent at OL and DE, I guarantee it.
Our LB core doesnt seem that bad, our secondary wont seem that bad if Howard can come back, and our interior D-line isnt the worst.
Improve Only OL and defensive end and we're right in the wildcard hunt next year.

Yes. Hype. The talking heads have already started waxing about how we’ve exceeded expectations for the last month. Whether or not you want to admit it there will be hype surrounding us.
And really you’re missing the point of my post. It’s that what we see in Year Two from their coaching staff will go a long way towards predicting where our ceiling is under this regime.
I know the "hype" will have zero effect on Flo. He may, in fact, use it to his advantage. If a player starts to get out of hand, I have no doubt Flores will put them in their place.

So who, exactly, is the media hype going to affect?

The problem is that we are no closer to finding a legit young franchise QB than we were a year ago.

I’ve seen this same movie too many times before... a new coach comes in to have some success with a vet QB, vet QB leaves, coaching staff crumbles and fails without a viable QB option.

It’s the same script we saw with Saban, Sparano and Gase.

Finding a legit young QB is hard. It either requires a competent FO (Ravens) or sheer luck (Bengals).

The fact of the matter is that if they don’t find a young franchise QB this year or next year, it’s over... Flores and co will fail. Doesn’t matter how good they are.
Trying to figure out your point to these posts Skape. We were #5 going in and #5 going out of the game. Would you have preferred they lost? They haven't been a position for the first pick for a couple of months now.....should they just give up since they aren't getting Burrow?

I don't think anyone who is even a casual fan doesn't understand the QB situation. How does losing today help that?

I know the "hype" will have zero effect on Flo. He may, in fact, use it to his advantage. If a player starts to get out of hand, I have no doubt Flores will put them in their place.

So who, exactly, is the media hype going to affect?
More than anything, the fans. Cleveland was convinced they had a playoff contending team this year. They just finished 6-10 but they still look like an improved team. I don’t expect us to make splashy moves like they did, but we’ve seen it play out where we’re all on the bandwagon of our HC after they exceeded expectations in year one only to watch the team underwhelm and fall apart the very next season.
Granted, I don’t believe that will happen with Flores. But it’s not as unlikely as many here would like to believe. All I’m saying is that I hope this is a team that keeps trending upward and not just a flash in the pan like we’ve seen so many times already.

I think we're locked into the 5th pick now.
Which is the same spot they were in going into the game. As far as draft position goes, they were still going to be in the fifth spot win or lose, based on how the games are going today. So they lost nothing regarding the draft and they beat the hated Patriots.

Back
Top Bottom