I Don’t Consider That A Win! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Don’t Consider That A Win!

Doesn’t feel like a win but on reflection I don’t think we deserved to lose. Tough division game and we grounded out the W. Needed this for sure, and another home game coming up next against the Pats where we will be underdogs but have a good record against them.
Let’s chalk it up as a dirty, lucky, win. Sure we aren’t playing lights out, but Drake and X balled today, and we are playing meaningful ball in December. Remember that the off season is quick to arrive and a long time staying.
Fins up.

"Remember that the off season is quick to arrive and a long time staying."

Great statement. It should be on the stadium entrance!

That wasn’t a win, it was hopefully an awakening for Ross that this entire staff needs to be terminated.

Gase, well he called a couple of good drives but between the 1st and last scoring drive. He went into play not to lose mode again after the first drive. The fact he put a rookie in a wildcat on the most important play of the game shows he has zero sense.

Burke, well do I need to say anything? How he made Allen look like Vick, almost give up points at the end of the first half and the final drive he rushes 3 guys instead of blitzing a rookie QB on 4th and 11 who has been running in all day almost came away with a game winning TD.

Allen lost the game with his terrible arm and this would have otherwise been a blow out by any team with a decent QB. There is zero hope against hope Gase can become a good coach and if last week wasn’t enough for you to be convinced this week should. Just the worst coaching staff in the NFL, this team has 2-3 more losses than it deserves because of bad coaching, just sickening to be a Dolphins fan right now. This is worse than the 1-15 season.

You should be happy after a win but this game just made me pissed I have to watch these A$$ Clowns coach MY team the rest of the season.

Allen had over 100 yds rushing last week. Please tell me what adjustments Burke made to stop him this week? Waiting........
I’ll answer. None. He had over 130 today

How about the 3rd and 1? Gase gets cutsy and goes wildcat with an unproven rookie over, get this, a f-ing Hall of Fame RB. Result? 3 yd loss. Please explain WTF he’s thinking?

On the upside I thought RT, when he wasn’t running for his freaking life, was pretty good. 3 tds/1 int.

This whole thing is a clusterfk and needs to be dismantled immediately. Please let’s not talk about the playoffs. Playoffs? Playoffs?

I’d actually take Philbin over Gase right now. I’m not kidding

Wtf? Really so we were supposed to win the Superbowl this year?

Not sure what you're saying talk about blinkered fan!

I will try and answer this calmly.

You wrote that this has been a 'surprisingly mediocre season'

I will accept that as a valid opinion...

...as long as you have been living in a cave the last two years.

I think that between last week and this week, 1-1 is just right for where this team deserved to come out in the W-L department.

I thought Miami mostly outplayed Indianapolis, and Buffalo mostly outplayed Miami. 1-1. It's fine.

Allen had over 100 yds rushing last week. Please tell me what adjustments Burke made to stop him this week? Waiting........

How about the 3rd and 1? Gase gets cutsy and goes wildcat with an unproven rookie over, get this, a f-ing Hall of Fame RB. Result? 3 yd loss. Please explain WTF he’s thinking?

On the upside I thought RT, when he wasn’t running for his freaking life, was pretty good. 3 tds/1 int.

This whole thing is a clusterfk and needs to be dismantled immediately. Please let’s not talk about the playoffs. Playoffs? Playoffs?

Fair point. At least Philbin knew Tannehill wasn't the answer.

I understand he is coaching somewhere else. You could go root for that team.

L

What did you like about Philbin? What does he do better then Gase ? Serious question. Just wondering what advantages you see having Philbin over gase. Game planning? Motivation? Keeping a tidy locker room? What in particular do you prefer in Philbin?

A wins a win, but I sure don't feel as good as I usually do....it's like we escaped with one...oh well.

L

What did you like about Philbin? What does he do better then Gase ? Serious question. Just wondering what advantages you see having Philbin over gase. Game planning? Motivation? Keeping a tidy locker room? What in particular do you prefer in Philbin?

They're pretty much the same coach except that Gase wins a few more on gameday that he should have lost and Philbin lost a lot he should have won.

Things I disliked about Philbin

Lost division games.
Lost a lot of close games.
Called timeout to help the packers score
Rarely beat buffalo.
Didn’t have any idea what was happening in the locker room

Things I liked about Philbin
Kept the locker room nice and clean
Picked up gum wrappers on the practice field
Found a way to use the word queasy.

They're pretty much the same coach except that Gase wins a few more on gameday that he should have lost and Philbin lost a lot he should have won.

Philbin was dreadful but he knew many years ago that Tannehill wasn't a franchise quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom