I Don’t Consider That A Win! | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Don’t Consider That A Win!

That 6-3 in the last nine games of 2011 was probably the most fun Dolphin football I've seen this decade. I don't root for losses, though sometimes they lead to nice consolation prizes.

So 2016 wasn't exciting? Was hard for you to see RT succeeding huh?

We use to lose games all the time to the bills and jets We would say they suck. How can we not beat the bills. We need to win division games we always said. Philbin never could.

We are at least winning division games. I know we are not really good but some of you are never happy.

Just come out and say you wanted Miami to lose to fit whatever narrative your pushing.

Trust me the bills fans were bitching about their coach in their forums this week.
It’s not about never being happy, it’s about seeing the terrible coaching and coming to the understanding it’s those A$$ clowns keeping the players from achieving the level of success they play with. This is the same script every week and it leads to 8-8 seasons. How can we possibly win the games we need to against the Pats and Vikings when our coaches coach this way. It’s about forever being kept in purgatory of 8-8 football and I for one am not happy with that.

and if Miami doesn't have half of the offense out on injury I doubt the game is that close...
That is not accurate. Sitton and Wilson are the only real injuries we have on offense.

Kilgore was easily replaced, whoever that guy we had slated to start at TE only caught like 12 balls last year, Grant is a role player so it’s not like we are missing our Alpha reciever or Starting QB and left Tackle or our superstar RB. Our team isn’t really decimated with quality injuries, most of them are easily replaced with the other backups. Sitton and Wilson were difference makers but also a Guard and #3 WR plus most teams have just as many if not more injuries at this point in the year. The injury bug is no excuse!

So 2016 wasn't exciting? Was hard for you to see RT succeeding huh?

Dude, I'm freaking in like two other threads right now defending Tannehill and getting blasted for it...

I said exciting, not winning. Yes, a winning season is the best type, and of course I enjoyed 2016. In 2011 we played more exciting football in that we pretty much lead the league in chunk plays and we blew out a lot of teams. That was fun.

It’s not about never being happy, it’s about seeing the terrible coaching and coming to the understanding it’s those A$$ clowns keeping the players from achieving the level of success they play with. This is the same script every week and it leads to 8-8 seasons. How can we possibly win the games we need to against the Pats and Vikings when our coaches coach this way. It’s about forever being kept in purgatory of 8-8 football and I for one am not happy with that.
I hear ya but do you think this team has a lot of talent with all the injuries? If you are unhappy about Burke I get it. He needs to go and the wide 9 sucks. But I don’t think we have much to work with on offense. I don’t think a new coach would help our offense. The line stinks. I think the line sucking has to do with injuries. Sitton injury hurt them Then line is looking good with Brendal at guard but he has to play center now. Hard to throw ball when you have to get rid of it in 2 seconds. We have practice squad guys at wide out. We didn’t have our quarterback for five games. I think we need to upgrade at qb but I don’t see how another coach would be doing better with this roster. Except on defense. Burke is awful. I think Gase is the right guy for the job. Players play hard for him, they believe in his system. We just need better players. Just my thoughts. Interested to hear your thoughts too.

I hear ya but do you think this team has a lot of talent with all the injuries? If you are unhappy about Burke I get it. He needs to go and the wide 9 sucks. But I don’t think we have much to work with on offense. I don’t think a new coach would help our offense. The line stinks. I think the line sucking has to do with injuries. Sitton injury hurt them Then line is looking good with Brendal at guard but he has to play center now. Hard to throw ball when you have to get rid of it in 2 seconds. We have practice squad guys at wide out. We didn’t have our quarterback for five games. I think we need to upgrade at qb but I don’t see how another coach would be doing better with this roster. Except on defense. Burke is awful. I think Gase is the right guy for the job. Players play hard for him, they believe in his system. We just need better players. Just my thoughts. Interested to hear your thoughts too.
What did we really lose on offense. Really, think about that. We lost Sitton, Kilgore, Grant, Wilson and I don’t remember the starting TE name but he caught 12 balls last year. All but Sitton were role
Players and Wilson made an impact but honestly we haven’t lost an alpha stud on this offense, many teams suffered much greater losses than we have. Gase just doesn’t use his chess pieces right. He gets too conservative with a small lead thinking the D will keep it close and we can make a final drive if we need too. That’s not on the injuries, that’s in coach and it’s cost us games!

Well honestly most of our injuries have been on offense. The defense really doesn’t have any excuses and either does Burke. I know the big run stopping d end and Taylor’ were losses but I think Wilson and sitton were huge. Tannehill is the type of q.b that needs really good protection. Some qbs don’t need as much he does. I think with the Sitton injury teams overpower left guard or run stunt at left guard. I am taking about Larsen. I do blame gase for sticking with Larsen. I rather see Sweeney in there if Brendel has to play center.

My wife was like why are you so upset about losing sitton in sept. I just knew it would crush our line. If we get protection then the players usually get people open. The scheme has a lot of routes that get guys open. But tannehill needs really good blocking. I know most qbs do , but some elite ones can still make plays. It looks like crap without the correct blocking.

I blame gase for having Larsen and allowing Burke to use this wide nine. Otherwise I think he is good. LAst week his playcalling sucked at the end and the wildcat sucked today. He does have warts. But I think he can be the right guy. Sometimes coaches need seasoning. I know Cleveland wished it didn’t fire one particular coach so quickly.

I would disagree about many teams suffering losses like us. I looked it up . There were teams that had more injuries but not as many starters. I am watching the Steelers now. They don’t have one starter on ir. Last year they only had one starter on ir. Shazier which was his own fault for hitting like that. But that’s for another post and another day. You should look it up. By midseason we lost more starters except for the falcons and another team I can’t remember.

What game besides the colts game did his playing cost us the game? I think in cincy he was aggressive but tannehill was awful.

I understand your frustration but I just feel like I watched so many coaches since Shula and Jj that most of the time I just new we didn’t have the talent. We would have two wins with Philbin with all these injuries. We need an upgrade in certain positions but gase is at fault for some of this but I still think he is the right coach with an upgrade at q.b

I appreciate you sharing your perspective.
I just miss going to the playoffs that I still can’t give up hope.

It’s funny I grew up watching them since 1984. My big complaint was not going to more Super Bowls and winning. Now I just miss the playoffs. It sucks seeing teams like the bills and titans get in when we should have been in the tourney.

If Buffalo had any other QB who had more accuracy there's no way in hell we win that.

Most QBs can't stiffarm a LB and run for 25 yds on 3rd and 12 when everyone's covered....Allen did that a few times today. Our defense actually played well today overall

[QUOTE="DefensiveEnd76, post: 7780217, member: 26016"]I actually hope the Pats kick the ever loving crap out of us next week and if we play like we did today the Pats will win big. The Dolphins don't deserve to win anything until big changes are made.[/QUOTE]
Sorry about your loss

Back
Top Bottom