I dont get it. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont get it.

As the two confrences compare I'll take a more proven back. You reference 100yds everygame. I'm just make sure you keep it in perspective.

I think Benson is the best pick. Brown was an afterthought until the combine, and then everyone tossed their cookis over his 40 time. The guy was not even a college starter and we want to spend the #2 pick on him?

As far as which fits Linehan's system best, I think is a bogus concept. No one knows what Linehan will run here. He will adapt a system to fit the personnel he has to work with. That is what good coaches do.

:shakeno:

I just dont get all this talk about Ronnie constantly running into people. Are you people watching the games? What Auburn games did you see this year?

kingfin said:
Why does everyone want Ronnie Brown.Is it because he ran a good 40 time.That to me is not football.Benson is the best coming out in this draft.He played well in collage.Brown played well too,but i dont like that whole thing with sharing carries with him and Williams.My friend brother goes to auburn and he told me Williams is the #1 man up here.They all love ronnie but williams is the show up in Auburn..I think Benson is going to be the best because he took a full load on himself.Ronnie came in with fresh legs when Defences were a little tired.Im not big on that..Benson is not ricky...Just got my ESPN MAG:roflmao:

Benson will be a great back in this league, IMHO...but Brown is the better FIT in OUR new offense of the three top guys (Brown, Benson, Caddy)...It's that simple...People are enamored with Brown because he is a power runner, great blocker, and the best receiver Auburn has had the last two years....He became noticed by the general public, more so after the combine, that his true, but he is really a better pro prospect than Benson is. As far as playing time goes, what does that really mean from the standpoint of comparing these two...not much, it is not like Brown hardly played and was a total backup to Caddy, he shared time and they were in together a lot, particularly this year. I wish the Fins had the problem of which back to start...the quality of both is close.

fin-atic said:
I think Benson is the best pick. Brown was an afterthought until the combine, and then everyone tossed their cookis over his 40 time. The guy was not even a college starter and we want to spend the #2 pick on him?

As far as which fits Linehan's system best, I think is a bogus concept. No one knows what Linehan will run here. He will adapt a system to fit the personnel he has to work with. That is what good coaches do.

No way in HELL I'm taking a guy at No. 2 with the off the field questions Benson has.

fin-atic said:

Don't discount the fact that Linehan likes to use his RBs out of the backfield as receivers. Brown rates much higher all around then Benson does. Benson is a great work horse power back. We just went that rout with Ricky. Brown is a better Fit, and that is not bogus.

finfan54 said:
If he was so great, why did he split time? Its cus he is a different type of RB than Caddy. Caddy made the big plays and ronnie drove home the power. They can both recieve out of the backfield. All this talk about ronnie being better out of the backfield is pure speculation in regards to being better than Caddy. Anyone who looks at Caddy and his running ability would say caddy is a better pure runner with the ball than any of them.

You have to ask yourself:
What good is speed when your running into people 2 and 3 people at a time?Caddy does not run into people, he makes them miss and then he's gone!

I don't have the link, but the Auburn coaches were quoted as saying that Brown was the best receiver on the team...In your comparison of Brown and Caddy, I guess you are saying that Benson is behind both right ? Cause he didn't catch out of the backfield at all in college...?? It's a weak arguement as you said, either way we look at it...The pro scouts have touted Brown as the best "pro style" back coming out long before the combine. Brown is a better fit with the preferred offensive style that Linehan uses...that is the reason that IF we pick #2, I think it would be Brown...not because I think less of Benson or Caddy...

For all those flaming Ronnie Brown as not being a started I have some questions to ask. Would you guys keep a guy like him on the bench? If we drafted Benson and Ricky came back would you bench them or play them both one at RB and one as the slot receiver?

I have never seen and of the top 3 or 4 backs play ever. Every fan has there preference. Personally any of the top three would make me happy, I dont think there is a bad choice to be had.

By the way there is a chance we dont draft any of the guys mentioned either lol! That would of been a waste of bandwidth lol!

finfan54 said:
You have to ask yourself:
What good is speed when your running into people 2 and 3 people at a time?Caddy does not run into people, he makes them miss and then he's gone!

That's a blunt assessment of what I've tried to post many times. Brown's apologists here insist he's patient and has good vision. Others say he's a downhill truck who runs into his blockers backs and tries to plow thru piles of defenders. My impression was always closer to the latter, although he did show signs of improvement late last season.

There is no question Caddy is instinctive and elusive. I'll default to no question every time. Brown is a 5th year senior who will be 24 in December. If you're asking for him to improve as a runner, it's too late for that, by every historical measure.

SkapePhin said:
Ronnie Brown is a FREAK.. Scouts are drooling over him.. He will be a good player in the NFL.
if ronnie brown was a freak why couldnt he win the stating position over a smaller back:yell: :confused:
benson is our best selection.... whats the debate

Whats funny to me is that Ricky Williams is the Longhorns career rushing leader, he had many carries at UT, heck he had a tone of carries in his two seasons with Miami
but No one was complaining about the number of carries he had Texas or miami for that matter.

Either a back can go or he cant their is no way to protect a running back, with all the carries Benson had at Texas he is still healthy so IMO how many carries is overrated.

zodiak said:
Whats funny to me is that Ricky Williams is the Longhorns career rushing leader, he had many carries at UT, heck he had a tone of carries in his two seasons with Miami
but No one was complaining about the number of carries he had Texas or miami for that matter.

Either a back can go or he cant their is no way to protect a running back, with all the carries Benson had at Texas he is still healthy so IMO how many carries is overrated.

That could be a reason why he isnt playing now... not to mention most people are right we could use ronnie better and that could make the job easier for feeley if hes the starter.. we could use him like the chargers use LT thats why i think trading for the the tampa bay deal will work out better for use cause we could still select ronnie there... and if for some reason hes not available at #5 then we take who evers available in edwards or williams or trade that pick again for a team who wants one of those guys...

phinswin said:
That could be a reason why he isnt playing now... not to mention most people are right we could use ronnie better and that could make the job easier for feeley if hes the starter.. we could use him like the chargers use LT thats why i think trading for the the tampa bay deal will work out better for use cause we could still select ronnie there... and if for some reason hes not available at #5 then we take who evers available in edwards or williams or trade that pick again for a team who wants one of those guys...

Ahhhhhhhh YES. That is absolutley right.:chuckle:

Actually, Cadillac is probably the BEST fit for the Linehan offense out of the top 3. More speed and better catching out of the backfield.

Brown would be OK. More power-oriented.

I'm sorry, but mixing Cedric Benson and South Beach is a TOXIC combination and I have a pretty good feeling Saban agrees. WAY too much off-field baggage there.

It doesn't make any difference because we are going to pick Alex Smith anyway. ;)

Trackstar#6 said:
The thing is we don't know for sure which RB fits our system best because we still don't know what type of offense we will be running. Only Saban and our O.C know exactly what type of back will fit in our scheme. So we really don't know which RB fits.

Well, if you figure that Linehan will run the style of O that has made him, then we can see what the O should look like...There will be some variations due to personnel, of course, but the base O will be what is his speciality...

Back
Top Bottom