I dont get it. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont get it.

BIGRED11 said:
if ronnie brown was a freak why couldnt he win the stating position over a smaller back:yell: :confused:
benson is our best selection.... whats the debate

What would you have done as the coach if you had both Caddy and Brown...you would have used both, just like the Auburn coaches did...the pro scouts and draftniks have Brown as the best back coming out. Benson is NOT our best selection...that's the debate.

RB is just not a good move for this football team. In case many of you don't know...we were 4-12 last year. We need our roster rebuilt, as the best players on our 4-12 roster are near 30 or on the wrong side of 30. If we had a QB who didn't have a 61.7 rating and were reasonably close to competing, upgrading the RB position would make more sense. We are in the toughest division in football (we are the only ones weakening it). Is a RB going to get us past Buffalo, NY Jets and New England? Doubtful, when you consider a far superior back couldn't even get us to the playoffs in 2002 when our team was much better.

Taking a RB who will be 24 in December is a dreadful long-term move for a team that is 4-12. How does this not register with some of you? Further to that, a RB taken at 2 would gain nearly $20 million in guaranteed money. If we are to go that route, why don't we commit less money to James who is just over three years older. We know he can play at this level.

I like Ronnie at # 5 after the trade down.

However

There is a lot of depth a rb in the draft. I've said it else where, Saban will not disapoint. He may pick a qb, he may pick a wide out. No matter what he does it will be a good move for the dolphins. That might sound blind to some. I just have faith. Faith that we got the best coach available. Best since Shula in my IMO. He will surprise many.

Back
Top Bottom