I dont have HBO so I have a question about Philbin for you hardcore guys | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont have HBO so I have a question about Philbin for you hardcore guys

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On 790 right now They are talking about how Philbin reminded them of Cam. They are saying that the players dont fear or respect him and Chad is an A hole. Not the latter is probably true but what are you opinions on the new Coach and Staff?

Thanks.

Lebetard is for entertainment, not sports talk.

I wouldn't go that far, but the scene where he interrupted the coaches meeting for no apparent reason would not fly with the likes of bill belichick or tom coughlin. It was a pretty entertaining scene though.

Well he is not a screamer if thats what they mean...

Chad is having fun but he needs to clean up his launaguage for sure...

Joe pulled Chad asside and told him that it needs to be cleaned up. Joe was later asked that if Chad does not clean it up will it affect his status with the team..and Joe Answered yes...so I dont see how he is fearful of the players or whatever..

Do some research on Tom Coughlin. If there is any coach who would remind you of Philbin, it would be Coughlin.

And considering the level of access we have, it's impossible to say how similar Cam and Philbin are. How anyone can call Chad an ******* based on that episode last night is beyond me, because he really seems to be an incredibly hard worker that raises the level of play around those who practice with him.

On 790 right now They are talking about how Philbin reminded them of Cam. They are saying that the players dont fear or respect him and Chad is an A hole. Not the latter is probably true but what are you opinions on the new Coach and Staff?

Thanks.
Someone's always trying to be a buzzkill. It's a shame that the local media are always first in line to take cheap shots at the team though...sad.

Give Philbin strong QB play and he will not be Cam.

I think they do respect him bc unlike cam he doesn't seem soft. With that said I was a little surprised by how nervous he seemed telling the quarterbacks about the first depth chart, like he was apologizing or something. I mean, by everyone's account Garrard has been outplaying Moore so why wouldn't he be number one rt now?

The mere fact that Philbin doesn't think that fans will light up with pride as a result of their new punt returner tells me he has an advantage over Cam

The only thing I got from Philbin last night is that he's old and ugly.

Give Philbin strong QB play and he will not be Cam.
Even with weak QB play he won't be Cam. He never named himself the OC, he doesn't just attend offensive team meetings (he's actually involved with all 3 phases), he's much more organized and purposeful in everything he's been doing and, most importantly, he's never uttered the words "fail forward fast" which is moronic to say the least.

Do some research on Tom Coughlin. If there is any coach who would remind you of Philbin, it would be Coughlin.

And considering the level of access we have, it's impossible to say how similar Cam and Philbin are. How anyone can call Chad an ******* based on that episode last night is beyond me, because he really seems to be an incredibly hard worker that raises the level of play around those who practice with him.

If i'm not mistaken, Coughlin has been known in the past for being extremely stern with his players and a lot his past players have come out and complained about how he treated them. Perhaps he has loosened up since his first super bowl victory, but i'm pretty sure he still has the nickname Colonel Coughlin. I don't seem much similarity between him and Philbin based on the first episode of hard knocks. I liked the presence Philbin had about himself though and think he will do just fine with the lockeroom.

This is ridiculous to compare these 2... I don't see any evidence that the players don't respect him.. Pure BS and Speculation!!!

Back
Top Bottom