I Don’t See How They Don’t Go Ol/dl At #13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Don’t See How They Don’t Go Ol/dl At #13

phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think two of these four will be left at #13. OL- Williams or Taylor. DL- Ferrell or Burns. I think for sure, barring a trade back, we take one of them. Although I wouldn’t mind Greedy at #13. I’ve seen some mocks with us taking Metcalf, thoughts on that ? Obviously we will be taking one step back this year as to go three steps forward next year. I’m not usually one to go OL that early in the first round but if we are planning on taking a QB early next year, wouldn’t it be prudent to have a great OL in place that has year under their proverbial belt ? Andrew Luck would agree.

Metcalf is workout wonder and combine freak, but he’s far from a polished WR
Pedestrian stats in college. Pure straight line speed. I suppose he’s worth a flyer in the 3rd rd. Certainly not at 13.

I would add Wilkins as a strong possibility. My best guess is defense there.

Metcalf is a talent, but Flores comes from a system that won consistently without a true #1 receiver. I think Miami passes there.

To me, the only way it's not defense is if the team drafts a qb at #13 or trades up for one.

Common logic suggest OL or DE, in fact they've even suggested themselves that this year will be about 'building the trenches'. Maybe if we trade back into the 20's one of the top CBs (Murphy, Williams) comes into play and we look at OL and DE in the next few rounds, but that would only be in certain circumstances.

Metcalf is a dumb prediction, I'm assuming it comes from walterfootball or someone copying it, and as a result can't be trusted. Draftek has us taking Daniel Jones at #13, which is nearly as retarded. I mean I know we're fans and pour over every comment and potential outcome, but it shouldn't take a draft expert to look at what the FO are doing/saying and realise that both the picks are i) dumb, and ii) unrealistic.

We have no real starting DE's at this point so it'd make sense to draft one with our first pick, specially since this is a strong draft for D-line. I know many people want O-line and I do too but going O-line at 13 doesn't seem to make sense to me. Flores comes from a team winning several super bowls with a bunch of 2nd and 3rd day O-linemen so him going O-line at 13 doesn't seem to fit.

The strength of the draft is OL and DL...I would say that it would be a very Miami move to draft no one from those two position groups, but it does seem like, based on the little tiny pieces of news we get out of the organization that OL and DL are the target, as they should be.

The strength of the draft is OL and DL...I would say that it would be a very Miami move to draft no one from those two position groups, but it does seem like, based on the little tiny pieces of news we get out of the organization that OL and DL are the target, as they should be.
I'd be happy if we draft two D-line and two O-line with our first 4 picks. That'd be a good way to start rebuilding this team.

I'd be happy if we draft two D-line and two O-line with our first 4 picks. That'd be a good way to start rebuilding this team.

That's my target as well.

Hope it can be accomplished with a high value trade down!

re OL -- seems we could easily use a C G and T -- tho there seems to be a number

of dudes who could swing from G to T.

Having a high-performance C would sure make a difference!

DL = edge monster QB assassin and disrupter on the inside.

That's 5 picks... Hope we can add an additional R2 or R3 via trade down.

That would allow us to pig out on the trenches...

That's my target as well.

Hope it can be accomplished with a high value trade down!

re OL -- seems we could easily use a C G and T -- tho there seems to be a number

of dudes who could swing from G to T.

Having a high-performance C would sure make a difference!

DL = edge monster QB assassin and disrupter on the inside.

That's 5 picks... Hope we can add an additional R2 or R3 via trade down.

That would allow us to pig out on the trenches...
I'd be totally fine with trading down. Not sure how far we'd have to move back for a 3rd.......could be several spots. For a 2nd thought we'd probably have to move all the way to the late 20's.
Back in 2010 we moved from 14(we could have drafted Earl Thomas)all the way to 28(Odrick) and that got us the 40th pick(Mis-i) so that'd be hard for me to do. If we're willing to move that far back then I'd rather move back twice and get at least a couple of 3rd round picks. Round 3 is a good round for guards and RT's.

Another point, Miami has a real chance to upgrade their defensive line significantly in this draft. I still favor going DL with the first two picks, whether it's two pass rushers or a pass rusher and a DT, there's just so much talent there. Flores, really being more of a defensive guy (I believe), would likely push for that. Wilkins or Oliver in R1 could be possible with the best DE in round two (Ferguson, LJ Collier).

Another point, Miami has a real chance to upgrade their defensive line significantly in this draft. I still favor going DL with the first two picks, whether it's two pass rushers or a pass rusher and a DT, there's just so much talent there. Flores, really being more of a defensive guy (I believe), would likely push for that. Wilkins or Oliver in R1 could be possible with the best DE in round two (Ferguson, LJ Collier).

I prefer Brian Burns over either of those two. Wilkins should fall to the 20’s.

Back
Top Bottom