I dont think we go DB in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I dont think we go DB in the draft

Fins23

Scout Team
Reaction score
I dont think we will go with a safety or corner first round and my reason is that we just signed Deke Cooper and we signed Will Allen Renaldo Hill and Andre Goodman soo now we have a bunch of young DB's. So i think if we dont get Lavar and i dont think we will then we'll def go with LB or WR. What do u guys think

It all depends on who is available at 16. We could still take a DB if Williams or Huff is there, but if we don't take a DB, we'll probably take a LB (unless we sign arrington). WR is a posibility, but is unlikely.

Fins23 said:
I dont think we will go with a safety or corner first round and my reason is that we just signed Deke Cooper and we signed Will Allen Renaldo Hill and Andre Goodman soo now we have a bunch of young DB's. So i think if we dont get Lavar and i dont think we will then we'll def go with LB or WR. What do u guys think

With the signing of veterans Allen, Cooper and Goodman, DB is no longer a need but I still wouldn't put it past the staff to draft a player like Cromartie, Williams or Hill.
If Lavar isn't signed before the draft, and we cannot move down, I can see someone like Holmes of Ohio State, Lawson of NC State or Greenway of Iowa being out picks.

Holmes because Denver is said to be coveting Jackson.

I somewhow also think Saban won't go DB with the 16th. I think he would want a player who could make a greater impact, someone who plays closer to the ball like a LB or a DL, a guy who can really make his presence felt. Not to downplay DBs but somebody more disruptive around the line of scrimage.

I tend to agree noe with all the recent signings. Plus, Saban knows his coaching can make a difference with DBs, he can make decent/solid DBs great. Especially, in his system where the front 7 put so much pressure on the Qb forcing them to make risky throws.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a WR, DT, OLB, or DE.

I don't think position will determine who we draft. None of the guys we signed for the secondary is a stud. It is still an area that can use an infusion of talent, at least as much as the LB or WR core. Bottom line is that we'll pick the guy that Nick Saban thinks is BPA. That plus the sheer number of DB's that carry first round grades makes me think DB is still the most likely option at 16. It all depends on who Saban likes.

MiamiMan147 said:
I don't think position will determine who we draft. None of the guys we signed for the secondary is a stud. It is still an area that can use an infusion of talent, at least as much as the LB or WR core. Bottom line is that we'll pick the guy that Nick Saban thinks is BPA. That plus the sheer number of DB's that carry first round grades makes me think DB is still the most likely option at 16. It all depends on who Saban likes.

That would make things more likely to trade down because there is great value in DBs the first 3 rounds.

if there is no1 we really want at 16, trade down, make the picck easier on ourselves, and get more picks

Back
Top Bottom