I don't understand | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I don't understand

dolphindog

Scout Team
Reaction score
I have to say that I don't understand some of the draft sugestions made here, about our first round pick. First why would we draft a QB, when we have three. It doesn't make sense to pay big dollars to some one that will sit on the bench. Second as much as I would love to have a power runingback again, we have three possible starters (also the return of Ricky would be four) for one position there too. I think for the money to play ratio a WR is the smart choice, although we do have a couple of good player there, but there are more opportunities to play. Plus we need a big WR since the cut of David Boston, and Coach Saben will throw more than run anyways.

dolphindog said:
First why would we draft a QB, when we have three.

ugh...how many times does this Q have to be answered?

Sage is only signed to the minimum for 1 year, meaning that his money is not guaranteed unless he makes the opening day roster

Taking a Qb in the first makes more sence then taking one in the later rounds because we already have a QB that is young and was taken in the later rounds, so why would we take one with the same skill level. No more power running back the league is moving away from that as u can see in Buffalo and Carolina who got smaller faster RB's who can catch. We dont need to replace Boston we did that last year when we picked up Booker. Trade Down and get a FS or LB or CB then again thats just my opinion

dolphindog said:
I have to say that I don't understand some of the draft sugestions made here, about our first round pick. First why would we draft a QB, when we have three. It doesn't make sense to pay big dollars to some one that will sit on the bench. Second as much as I would love to have a power runingback again, we have three possible starters (also the return of Ricky would be four) for one position there too. I think for the money to play ratio a WR is the smart choice, although we do have a couple of good player there, but there are more opportunities to play. Plus we need a big WR since the cut of David Boston, and Coach Saben will throw more than run anyways.

Our biggest need is RB!!!

If we dont draft Brown, Benson or Cadillac we'll be last in the league in rushing offense, Feeley will lead the league in INT and we'll go 4-12 again!

dolphindog said:

Yeah, but the same thing can be said for a LB (Johnson or Merriman), safety (Shazor)...the problem is value for that pick...the best value for that pick is probably RB...the top three look to be sure-fire...Edwards and Williams are good choices, and I'd love to see one of them lining up with Chambers, but the fact is we need several positions filled...RB seems to be the most likely, but who really knows except Saban, on draft day.

Shifty187 said:
Our biggest need is RB!!!

If we dont draft Brown, Benson or Cadillac we'll be last in the league in rushing offense, Feeley will lead the league in INT and we'll go 4-12 again!

Our biggest need is QB. AJ might lead the league in INTs anyways. And if he starts and we go 4-12 again it would only prove he's not even as good as Fiedler.

dolphindog said:
I have to say that I don't understand some of the draft sugestions made here, about our first round pick. First why would we draft a QB, when we have three. It doesn't make sense to pay big dollars to some one that will sit on the bench....

perhaps it doesnt make sense to you, but it makes perfect sense to most teams in the NFL. Its rare that you draft a QB that steps in and starts from day 1. Neither E Manning or Rivers started immediately and they were supposed to be the the best QBs to come along in years. Even Marino didnt start the first game of his rookie season. So, if you draft a QB...even in the first round....letting him carry a clipboard while drawing a huge salary is just the cost of doing business.
As for the 3 QBs we have on the roster.... Feeley has shown some promise but he is going to have to step it up this season if he wants to be an NFL starting QB. Frerotte knows Linehans system, but is an avg QB at best and isnt going to get much better. Also, Gus is getting up there in years and probably will only play 2 or 3 more seasons. So, if Feeley isnt the answer then it makes sense to draft our future QB now so that he will have a year or two to get up to speed.

dolphindog said:
...Second as much as I would love to have a power runingback again, we have three possible starters (also the return of Ricky would be four) for one position there too....

We have Minor who hasnt shown that he can get the job done, Morris who hasnt shown he can get the job done, Gordon who got injured before he could show that he could get the job done, and maybe Ricky who has shown he can get the job done whenever he isnt under suspension or on some quest to find the meaning of life or something. Taking a RB really isnt such a bad idea.

dolphindog said:
... I think for the money to play ratio a WR is the smart choice, although we do have a couple of good player there, but there are more opportunities to play. Plus we need a big WR since the cut of David Boston, and Coach Saben will throw more than run anyways.

Yeah, all those yards that Boston got for us will be hard to replace :lol:
As for throwing more than running....I think Saban is smart enough to play to his strengths. If the OLine will block, and Feeley will play up to his potential, then we may very well throw more than run. Or, at least as much. However, if Feeley is getting leveled on every play and we start seeing Pick 6's every week again, then Saban may be forced to rely on the running game...and thus may not need all the receivers we currently have...much less another one from the draft.

Overall, I think Saban will take the best player available, even if it isnt a position of dire need. If he feels that Ronnie Brown is a better overall player than Braylon Edwards or Alex Smith, then he will take Brown. Or Vice Versa.

Back
Top Bottom