I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner

First it was Watson.... then it was Brady.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross

Wait a second here... you are not Tua? Then why are all your posts so accurate? Something isn't adding up.

It was Flores who wanted Watson and never wanted Tua. The dolphins literally tanked for Tua. Brady is the one who wanted to come here but our roster wasn’t good enough at the time to win a super bowl when he left NE. Yes Ross/Beal spoke to Brady about being a minority owner/executive and possibly playing qb at some point but it was never realistic for Brady to play for us this year. This is a business. Tua knows he has to ball out to earn that $40+ million a year deal.
So we tanked for the wrong guy, then after realizing a mistake get caught trying to tamper with Brady 3 times and didn't even get him.

Great organization. 🤣

So we tanked for the wrong guy, then after realizing a mistake get caught trying to tamper with Brady 3 times and didn't even get him.

Great organization. 🤣
Brady wanted to sign here before we drafted Tua. Tua has already proven that he can play. He needs to prove that he’s a $40 million dollar qb. Everything is now in place for Tua to succeed. If he fails, maybe we get Brady next year.

Can't argue with this logic. It's anyone's guess what Ross would need to see to sign a franchise QB contract with the prices out there these days.

I get the OPs point, and if it were me, I might be open to being that petty. Because in a way, it's not petty at all. I'd be pissed if I were Tua. A blue-chip QB prospect coming out of the top NCAA program recovering from a brutal career-ending hip injury and you're selected 5th only to have your legs chopped out underneath you every step of the way, by the one person/organization that should always have your back.

Yeah, if I were Tua, I'd say f*ck the Dolphins, too. The good thing is I think Tua is likely a much better Christian than me, more mature than me, and also recognizes that Ross ain't likely to be around much longer anyways. If he balls out this year, and the Dolphins offer him a big contract, and he gets to live in Miami and be a starting QB with no state-income tax, I suspect he's going to sign on the dotted line.

I could see Tua looking at a warm west coast city like LA or SanDiego. Much closer to his home Hawaii.
Then again, the cost of living in those areas are prohibitive.
In all likelyhood he would stay in Miami

The Dolphins are a great organization, and one day soon we will return to glory as history repeats itself. 5 super bowls and the only undefeated season. Let's give McDaniel a chance and see where it goes. Dont feed the trolls and fucck buffalo.

Last edited:
Sure you would sign somewhere else like in New York, California, or maybe Illinois. Hope that extra 5 to 10 million in taxes goes down good with your pride chaser.
Seahawks, Cowboys, Texans, Raiders, Jaguars, Buccaneers

All of those teams play in a state that has no state income tax. That's less than 20%, but it's not like Miami has a monopoly.

Also, don't they have to pay tax on the away games, if they're playing in a state with a state income tax? Yes, there's a difference, but it's not quite as much as everyone makes out.

Last edited:
The way I see it Ross is suspended for the season so he can't do any further harm at least for a good while. Tua is poised for a massive break out season. The kid will shut everybody up by his exceptional play on the field. Beyond that who knows but Miami is a frontrunning city, always has been so if Tua is winning playoff games he'll be a Rock Star. If he wins the Super Bowl he'll be Elvis!! Ross won't let him go if he's still living or even active anymore.

The way I see it Ross is suspended for the season so he can't do any further harm at least for a good while. Tua is poised for a massive break out season. The kid will shut everybody up by his exceptional play on the field. Beyond that who knows but Miami is a frontrunning city, always has been so if Tua is winning playoff games he'll be a Rock Star. If he wins the Super Bowl he'll be Elvis!! Ross won't let him go if he's still living or even active anymore.
We got the tools for sure!

Well, Ross is only suspended for six games, one day longer than Watson's suspension.

Back
Top Bottom