I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner

Well, Ross is only suspended for six games, one day longer than Watson's suspension.
Thanks, I thought it was longer but he also has to shell out 1.5 million and the team fore fits a #1, and #3 next season. I wish Ross would stop trying to help!!

My guess is, if Tua feels McDaniel is the guy to continue to get the best out of his abilities, Tua will stay. But it sure wouldn't surprise me, if he decides to move on, even if he succeeds over the next 2 seasons. I'm not sure how he truly feels about how Ross and Flores treated him, up to this point. I'd imagine he doesn't have a positive opinion on what happened his first two seasons in Miami. Hell, he may have disdain for the organization and I certainly wouldn't blame him.

Seahawks, Cowboys, Texans, Raiders, Jaguars, Buccaneers

All of those teams play in a state that has no state income tax. That's less than 20%, but it's not like Miami has a monopoly.

Also, don't they have to pay tax on the away games, if they're playing in a state with a state income tax? Yes, there's a difference, but it's not quite as much as everyone makes out.
They pay a percentage of their prorated income based on the amount of time spent in that state. It's a Jock Tax, google it...

If he plays well he will. Franchise QB’s don’t grow on trees, if Tua shows he is one he gets a 2nd and 3rd contract.

First it was Watson.... then it was Brady.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross
I think he loves the guys he plays with. I think he really likes coach mcdaniel and grier who is the one guy I think that believed in Tua. It was flores who brought the watson rumors and we see ross that was tampering trying to get Brady. But I think if tua balls out and they get in the playoffs, Ross will extend Tua's contract and try to pay Tua good money to where the market would be for Tua

Assuming Tua tears it up and becomes the Tua many of us know he is.....

The way the fans have been chanting " Tua" in practice.... the way the crowd responded when Tua came into the Baltimore game.....

That's why Tua will remain in Miami. The owner will be irrelevant IMO.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross
I’m sure he is….

Grier and McDaniel are all in on Tua, at the very least for 2022. that much should be clear. what happens after will depend on how well Tua plays and I don't think Tua gives a damn about what Beal/Ross feel like. Grier and McDaniel are calling the shots

Ross and Beal and choke on each other’s dikks.

And so can the “Dolphin” fans that wanted Brady.

Ross wanted to get a HOF QB and later, a HOF HC, to make a serious Super Bowl run while he still has time. It’s a ****ty way to treat Tua, but I can’t fault him too much, after he’s overseen some of the worst seasons in franchise history.

The plan (fortunately, imo) didn’t work out, and we moved on to hiring a HC that can hopefully get the most out of Tua, and build a competitive team that way.

As much as it sucks for Tua, Ross saw an opportunity to buy a Super Bowl before he kicked the bucket. I can’t hold that against him.

Well that would take the Brees comparison to a whole other level...

I'm not convinced that Ross's intentions were to replace Tua. It may be possible he wanted Brady to come play for 1-2 years, win a Superbowl and then become a fixture in the organization. Meanwhile Tua learns from the best QB, has more time to develop and then take over when Brady retires.

I've supported Ross during most of his mishaps, but he continues to bring more negativity to the franchise. He should have known better and should have known the rules much better. I'm sure other owners have these conversations, but Ross always seems to get caught. I love the money he spends on the team and city, but I think it is time for Ross to move on. This team needs a fresh start, especially with our new HC and Tua hopeful year.

F*** Stephen Ross
"...because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin."

Would you feel that way if we make the Super Bowl in the next three years?
Enquiring minds want to know - LOL

Back
Top Bottom