I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I doubt Tua signs a 2nd contract with the Dolphins with Ross as the owner

Mcdaniel is Tua's boss. Ross is Tua's boss's boss's boss (more or less). By all accounts Tua loves McDaniel. When was the last time your boss's boss's boss had any impact on your decision to stay at a job, besides a salary approval or actual firing?

I would think his relationship with coach McD would be more relevant to him staying than the owner.

If he leaves simply b/c of our buffoon owner even when he has a great coach and ally in McD, then it's would be his loss.

First it was Watson.... then it was Brady.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross

1) Watson is better than Tua.

2) Brady is better than Tua.

3) Tua may become better than one or the other, but at this point he's not.

4) In the NFL if you aren't better than other options, options will be explored.

5) I hope Tua has more balls than you guys give him credit for. If he needs to be coddled and told he's special I don't want him back.

4) In the NFL if you aren't better than other options, options will be explored.

5) I hope Tua has more balls than you guys give him credit for. If he needs to be coddled and told he's special I don't want him back.

There's a pretty big difference between "needing to be coddled and told he's special" and "actively sabotaged by the head coach." From most reports, things were a lot closer to the latter than the former under Flores.

First it was Watson.... then it was Brady.

One thing is abundantly clear. Stephen Ross has shown ZERO respect to Tua. He never believed in him and he never wanted him.

I'm not Tua, but if I was, no matter how good I become, no matter how much money Ross would offer me. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would sign a 2nd contract and stay in Miami under Ross or Beal.

If Tua becomes a star, you better hope he's a bigger man than I, because I would ditch this loser of a franchise and owner so fast it would make your head spin.

F*** Stephen Ross

Always gotta be about “me”. 😂

Playing it again, huh, Sammy. 😂

I get the OPs point, and if it were me, I might be open to being that petty. Because in a way, it's not petty at all. I'd be pissed if I were Tua. A blue-chip QB prospect coming out of the top NCAA program recovering from a brutal career-ending hip injury and you're selected 5th only to have your legs chopped out underneath you every step of the way, by the one person/organization that should always have your back.

Yeah, if I were Tua, I'd say f*ck the Dolphins, too. The good thing is I think Tua is likely a much better Christian than me, more mature than me, and also recognizes that Ross ain't likely to be around much longer anyways. If he balls out this year, and the Dolphins offer him a big contract, and he gets to live in Miami and be a starting QB with no state-income tax, I suspect he's going to sign on the dotted line.

Stop making it about you and your feelings. Isn’t a good look.

Tua's relationship with McDaniel is seemingly off to a great start. If that continues and Miami is able to put talent around him, I think Tua will want to stay.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom