I expect Saban to bluff the hell out of the #2 pick.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I expect Saban to bluff the hell out of the #2 pick....

hweitz14

Practice Squad
Reaction score
ie. as we get closer I expect him to start dropping little nuggets about Alex Smith.

Worst case scenario is that Cleveland freaks out and really wants Smith so they have to trade up for him and give up a third to move up one spot.

hweitz14 said:
ie. as we get closer I expect him to start dropping little nuggets about Alex Smith.

Worst case scenario is that Cleveland freaks out and really wants Smith so they have to trade up for him and give up a third to move up one spot.

I hope its all a bluff....I don't want Alex Smith.

3rd? this years second and next years as well.

That's the great thing about having a pick so high this year and a new coach. Nobody knows what's going on in Saban's head and they may bite because they get worried that he may A)take the player they want or B)trade the pick to another team who will take the player they were looking at.

So much more refreshing then the last few years. Last year it was leaked all over the place before the draft that the Fins were enamoured with Vernon Carey. And then Speilman gets bent over by the Vikes.

BassFin said:
That's the great thing about having a pick so high this year and a new coach. Nobody knows what's going on in Saban's head and they may bite because they get worried that he may A)take the player they want or B)trade the pick to another team who will take the player they were looking at.

So much more refreshing then the last few years. Last year it was leaked all over the place before the draft that the Fins were enamoured with Vernon Carey. And then Speilman gets bent over by the Vikes.

actually we were enamoured with sean andrews...but philly traded out the butt to move up and get him...and Vernon fell in our laps because Spielman got bent over

hweitz14 said:

Ok how about this one . What if he isn't bluffing and actually takes him. Because the Qb's we have now are nothing to scream about. I mean what has feeley actually done. And yes I know he hasn't had a full year. And things could be different with a new system in place. But what if Saban wants a Qb to call his own. That fits his play style.

Then again who knows he could be getting teams worried.

BassFin said:

It also helps that we are being so firm on the asking price for Pat. At team gets the impression that our asking price is the only thing that we will accept and that we would be perfectly happy to not trade and just keep the pick. I feel that this will cause many teams to crumble in any attempt to move up.

Agreed, and that's why mock drafts this year are even more nonsense than typical

BassFin said:

We have almost no idea what Saban's priorities or style will be on draft day. You knew JJ loved to trade down but would usually default to defense. Wanny/Spielman would go overboard on obvious positional needs and overpay to fill them. Saban can go any of several directions and it wouldn't surprise me at all. I just know I love his emphasis so far, bolstering a D-line that was much weaker than Dolphin fans generally believed, then nabbing a potential upgrade at RT. Last spring I screamed at every Spielman move, other than David Boston. This year I'm applauding everything, and offering the benefit of a doubt to moves I don't know much about, like Spragan.

I think that Saban likes Smith. He is bluffing everyone atm, I don't have a clue whats going on, its great.

I think/guess that it'll come down to Smith or Brown, but then I think that we'll trade down.

He's pumpin brown and smith to get people to trade up.........duh.

Oh and another thing........I noticed that we were looking hard at Antrelle Rolle. Nobody is saying boo about that on this board. I wonder why? Could it be........................................oh thats right! Ronnie Brown is god!

finfan54 said:
Oh and another thing........I noticed that we were looking hard at Antrelle Rolle. Nobody is saying boo about that on this board. I wonder why? Could it be........................................oh thats right! Ronnie Brown is god!

I'd be seriously pissed if we wasted the #2 pick on Antrelle Rolle.

Back
Top Bottom