I Feel Our Running Game Has Improved | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Feel Our Running Game Has Improved

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
Instead of seeing a prime mover for our running game, I see three good to excellent runners in Drake, Gore and Ballage. I think they will all be above average to good blockers and receivers while they each bring a little variety to our running game. This will be better than our hit or miss running game of the last two years.

upload_2018-7-10_11-26-31.png

HAHAHAHAHA. Love the picture. As someone who makes/sells stone countertops, that's hilarious.
My sister sent me some photos in a folder called awards. Maybe I should start a thread with a picture and ask our posters what part of our team or organization it best represents. How about this one as an example:

upload_2018-7-10_11-44-40.png

Where in the stadium does this go?

Instead of seeing a prime mover for our running game, I see three good to excellent runners in Drake, Gore and Ballage. I think they will all be above average to good blockers and receivers while they each bring a little variety to our running game. This will be better than our hit or miss running game of the last two years.

View attachment 12909

I agree whole heartedly. Drake is year removed from proving he can be a very explosive feature back.

Gore older or not continues to succeed, and he adds something we have been lacking for a while, to be more consistent in 3rd and short, and inside the redzone.

Ballage has supposedly shown good skills in camp, and will get a chance to use that impressive speed on that powerback size.

They also did a great job with the o-line and Coach Kris is serious business so I'm expecting a quality o-line. Plus Sitton is exactly as advertised so far, and I expect his toughness and meanness to rub off on Tunsil.

I don't understand the Gore hype. Peoples talked poop about Landry and his avg of 8.8 last year and how he caught 100 balls but didn't break 1k. Gore averaged 3.68 ypc which was good for 43rd in the NFL, and is one of 2 players who were top ten in rush attempts but didn't break 1k but the other guy only played 10 games.

I love Gore and I am a big Hurricane fan and as much as I want him to have a good year I just can't see it. Drake ran well behind an awful line but used his superior speed and explosiveness to over come the line and break off long runs. I feel like with Gore avg'ing under 4 yards per carry the last 3 years it's only going to slow our offense down and his effective attempts are going to be few and far between.

But as Hurricane and Dolphin fan its good to have Gore on the roster and I hope he has a decent year for us. He was special his freshman year and if not for multiple knee injuries in college he would have been a top 5 pick and would have been the undisputed best UM HB in NFL history.

Last edited:
My sister sent me some photos in a folder called awards. Maybe I should start a thread with a picture and ask our posters what part of our team or organization it best represents. How about this one as an example:

View attachment 12910

Where in the stadium does this go?

That's an easy one. That's Jakeem Grant's toilet.

I don't understand the Gore hype. Peoples talked poop about Landry and his avg of 8.8 last year and how he caught 100 balls but didn't break 1k. Gore averaged 3.68 ypc which was good for 43rd in the NFL, and is one of 2 players who were top ten in rush attempts but didn't break 1k but the other guy only played 10 games.

I love Gore and I am a big Hurricane fan and as much as I want him to have a good year I just can't see it. Drake ran well behind an awful line but used his superior speed and explosiveness to over come the line and break off long runs. I feel like with Gore avg'ing under 4 yards per carry the last 3 years it's only going to slow our offense down and his effective attempts are going to befell and far between.

But as Hurricane and Dolphin fan its good to have Gore on the roster and I hope he has a decent year for us. He was special his freshman year and if not for multiple knee injuries in college he would have been a top 5 pick and would have been the undisputed best UM HB in NFL history.

IMO, Gore is as much about a veteran presence and teaching the kids how to be a pro as it is about production

IMO, Gore is as much about a veteran presence and teaching the kids how to be a pro as it is about production

My thoughts on Gore are:
1) He's a grinder when it comes to preparation.
2) He is familiar with a system similar to Gases'.
3) He is still in exceptional physical condition.
4) He is still playing at a high level.
5) All of the above, are traits that newer players can look up to. They have already commented on his high level of conditioning.
6) He seems to like being here, specifically in Miami and he has said so and he has said said why. He plans to retire here.

It doesn't get much better than that.

I will cut Gore a little slack for his low yards per carry with the Colts considering their O-line was awful and this guy was their O-line coach.
2zibtdh.jpg

don't we have coaches for that?

Sure but it is always a plus when you have a veteran player/leader. They go through the grind with you and think the coach can be a jackass sometimes just like you do. Often times it is much easier to relate to them than the coach.
Especially if you feel like the coach has singled you out and hates your guts. A vet will just pull you to the side and tell you what the reality is. He doesn't hate you but want you to perform like a professional so watch me and I'll show you how to get out of the doghouse.

That layer of leadership is immensely helpful in many professions.

Back
Top Bottom