I feel Sorry for the DLINE | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I feel Sorry for the DLINE

WestCKoastiN

Doogie Howser
Reaction score
It's sad that our DLine is doing all they can and performing at their best but just DLine can't get it done especially Jason Taylor who really IMO needs a Ring to ice his carreer which he is running out of time to get one.

It's sad that our DLine is doing all they can and performing at their best but just DLine can't get it done especially Jason Taylor who really IMO needs a Ring to ice his carreer which he is running out of time to get one.

The offense did its job and tied the game. The defense allowed the Jets to get back 70 yards in one play (on a screen) and win the game. What can I say? I feel bad for the fans.

The offense did its job and tied the game. The defense allowed the Jets to get back 70 yards in one play (on a screen) and win the game. What can I say? I feel bad for the fans.

Exactly. This has been a problem for the last 5-7 yrs. Our defense looks dominant in close games, but then when our offense finally comes to life and takes a lead, our defense disappears.
We score and go up 7-3, then the Jets move the ball easily on 2 successive possessions and put the game away.
I didn't see much pressure or any big sacks on those last 2 drives. There were also no turnovers forced by our defense. Pennington has a noodle arm and there should have been 1-2 picks last night.
Just end the season and plan for the draft.

Our offense came to life? It's amazing how low our expectations have gotten! We suck so bad on offense that our 3rd string QB gets us 10 points and we believe our offense comes to life. Our offense is worse than pathetic. Yeah, the D fell apart, but the JETS torched us for 13 points. I know DOLFANS are suffering from "battered fan" syndrome but let's take a deep breath and understand where the problem is! Saban and Mularkey need to go! (Saban's gonna haul butt anyway) Joey & CPEP need to go! Huizenga, pick up your gold encrusted cellphone and get June Jones from Hawaii and his staff and get them here now! You know what? Get any offensive minded coach anywhere: kids optimist league, i don't care. It's been 10 years of this offensive garbage! 10 freakin years! I don't care if we lose 45-42 every game next year. I'm sick of this defensive crap.

Good call....

From my chair last night, the defense simply ran out of gas. Washington was too much for the "old guys" to contain. Just another evident sign that we need to rebuild up front, and start doing it now.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Good call....

From my chair last night, the defense simply ran out of gas. Washington was too much for the "old guys" to contain. Just another evident sign that we need to rebuild up front, and start doing it now.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Lame excuse. We were pounding the Jets defense with our running game. If anything, the Jets defense should have run out of gas.
This is a pattern our defense has demonstrated over the last 5-7 yrs.
Our offense moved the ball in the 4th quarter so you can't make a case that the defense was on the field too long.

Our offense came to life? It's amazing how low our expectations have gotten! We suck so bad on offense that our 3rd string QB gets us 10 points and we believe our offense comes to life. Our offense is worse than pathetic. Yeah, the D fell apart, but the JETS torched us for 13 points. I know DOLFANS are suffering from "battered fan" syndrome but let's take a deep breath and understand where the problem is! Saban and Mularkey need to go! (Saban's gonna haul butt anyway) Joey & CPEP need to go! Huizenga, pick up your gold encrusted cellphone and get June Jones from Hawaii and his staff and get them here now! You know what? Get any offensive minded coach anywhere: kids optimist league, i don't care. It's been 10 years of this offensive garbage! 10 freakin years! I don't care if we lose 45-42 every game next year. I'm sick of this defensive crap.

Yes, only 13 points, but it's not how many points, but rather WHEN you give up those points.
We were up by 4 points and our defense gave up one big play after another when the game mattered. My point (which you apparently missed) was that this defense for the last several years seems to fold following our offense scoring. The opponents offense always seems to be able to answer right back in close games. Doesn't matter, we could have been up 24-20 and they would have given up back to back scoring drives to the Jets.

Exactly. This has been a problem for the last 5-7 yrs. Our defense looks dominant in close games, but then when our offense finally comes to life and takes a lead, our defense disappears.
We score and go up 7-3, then the Jets move the ball easily on 2 successive possessions and put the game away.
I didn't see much pressure or any big sacks on those last 2 drives. There were also no turnovers forced by our defense. Pennington has a noodle arm and there should have been 1-2 picks last night.
Just end the season and plan for the draft.

JT had a sack for a fumble.

Back
Top Bottom