I Feel That Penei Sewell... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Feel That Penei Sewell...

I would be good with that, and we may end up with a better LT at the end of it all.

As I’ve said before, I won’t be ranting, raving, pissing and moaning if Sewell ends up being the pick. While he’s not a play maker, he at least greatly helps to improve offensive production by helping open holes for backs and providing time for the QB to find play makers.

A rebuilding team should never spend back to back 1st round picks on LT. We will look back in 3 years and ask ourselves how we **** up our rebuild, and we will point to this.

We need to take the best skill position player in the draft. Also I think there’s less risk with Smith than there is with Sewell. Sewell’s only played 1.5 years of college ball, and by the time training camp starts, he will have not played football for over 18 months. Lot of risk with this guy.

My dream would be to get a trade down scenario where we get additional pick(s) and still land Smith. I am starting to believe that may not pan out for us, so at #3 I would prefer Smith over Sewell but if we grab Sewell I would want us to get a tier 1 or tier 2 RB and a tier 2 receiver to help this offense. A playmaking type of player will imho will impact this team will move the needle significantly for us.

The jets are taking him.IMO

They drafted Becton last year and he looks like a future All Pro LT. Do you take a RT at #2 overall?

We'll see how they feel about Darnold going forward once they hire a HC. If they're not taking a QB, then they, like us, should be looking to move down. Makes sense for their rebuild to stockpile picks if they plan on giving Darnold another shot. You want to be in position to move up for your guy in 2022 if he doesn't work out with a new coach, should they go that route.

You can tell that most people here are just fan boys and do not really understand that you build a football team from the inside out, not the outside in. So yes Sewell would be the right pick at 3. Or trade down acquire more picks and maybe then get smith at 8 or 9. We still need a solid offensive lineman to help keep Tua upright and improve our run game. Anyone asking to get Smith at 3 please tell me of 1 team in the playoffs right now that is there because of 1 wide receiver they drafted high?? The best teams in the playoffs are there because they have great O-Lines, QB and Defenses.

Oh he is...that's why the 3 pick is so valuable this year. If the Jets take him, which I doubt, no new coach will want to pass on a QB there and hope to fix Darnold. But if they do, the team picking at 3 has their choice of QB's not named Trevor, that's prime trade bait.

I would love to take Sewell but we have too many holes at the skill positions not to explore a trade down, if we don't get the value though, and that starts with 2 firsts (including 1 high, this year) and a 2nd for me, then I would have no qualms in taking him there, the kid is as good of a tackle prospect as anything in recent memory.

Tried a mock staying put at 3 to take Sewell, really effects your ability to get the WRs we also need but with some creative trade backs I was able to get something that in the end I was pretty happy with:
1610334199254.png

Last edited:
We have to draft him If he falls to 3. Our line would nearly be set for the next decade.

---Resign:
-Ted Karras C
-Vince Biegel LB
-Nik Needham CB

---Free Agency:
-Haason Reddick LB
-Marvin Jones WR

---Draft:
1A. Penei Sewell OT
1B. Jaylen Waddle WR (I could def see him sliding to 18 when its all said and done)
2A. Najee Harris or Travis Etienne RB
2B. Patrick Jones DL
3. Tamorrion Terry WR
Go BPA for the rest of the draft.

I know many of us want Chase or Smith but if Waddle has any chance of still being on the board around 18, then I think it'd be smart to wait till then to draft a WR. I know many of us want us to give Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin a big check but Marvin Jones will likely come at half the price of what they'll get. . Jones will be 31 to start the season but he really hasn't slowed down any and he's been very consistent whenever he's healthy and playing. Marvin Jones has had 9+ TD's in four different seasons. Those TD's and consistent yards he puts up is intriguing to me at that price tag.

RT: Austin Jackson
RG: Ereck Flowers
C: Ted Karras
LG: Solomon Kinldey
LT: Penei Sewell
RB: Najee Harris or Travis Etienne / Myles Gaskin / Salvon Ahmed
TE: Mike Gesicki / Durham Smythe / Adam Shaheen
WR: DeVante Parker / Tamorrion Terry / Malcolm Perry
WR: Marvin Jones / Lynn Bowden
WR: Jaylen Waddle / Preston Williams

I believe an offense that looks something like that will be DRASTICALLY better than last seasons offense. Signing Haason Reddick and drafting another DL in round 2 could be very big for our defense. Our defense is already legit, so adding 1-2 more contributing pieces to it would be very dangerous.

If Justin Fields balls out today, he is going #1. The Jets dont need a QB, Darnold flashed at the end of the year. Jets take Sewell.

Lawrence falls right in our lap. Bye Tua, trade him for a late 1st.

If Justin Fields balls out today, he is going #1. The Jets dont need a QB, Darnold flashed at the end of the year. Jets take Sewell.

Lawrence falls right in our lap. Bye Tua, trade him for a late 1st.
Lol, there is literally no way in Hell that Lawrence falls to us. But by your logic if Fields looks that great wouldn’t you be happy with him? If JacksonVille had a hint that they wanted someone else all they have to do is trade down to NY.

Back
Top Bottom