I feel we are forgetting about the talent opposite Parker coming back from injury. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I feel we are forgetting about the talent opposite Parker coming back from injury.

UDFA. Showed some promise. Then suffered a potentially career changing injury

I haven't forgotten him, I'm just waiting to see how he produces in year 2.

Preston Williams

PW is incredible. But he only did it through what? 7 games? DVP was incredible but he only did it through 20% of his time here. So, I'm super hopeful but this is a big year for both of them to evolve into consistent weapons. Looking forward to it. Still would have liked us to have snagged one of those WR's in the draft to pair with them.

We know pretty much everyone can come back from a torn ACL and continue their careers, we saw Brady do it, AP come back like a greek god. Just a couple, but does anyone recall any notable WRs tearing it and coming back strong? Just curious

We know pretty much everyone can come back from a torn ACL and continue their careers, we saw Brady do it, AP come back like a greek god. Just a couple, but does anyone recall any notable WRs tearing it and coming back strong? Just curious
As requested. 2104's list. So we should be 6 seasons better...

Cooper Kupp tore his ACL in Nov. 2018 and had 94 catches, 1161 yards and 10 TDs in 2019, all career highs
Will Fuller tore his ACL in 2018 (vs. us) and had career highs in catches and yards in 2019

Wide receiver is interesting. Miami has talent at the position, but almost every player competing for a roster spot has injury concerns.

Jerry Rice comes to mind, but he's also the GOAT, so not the common case.

Tore his ACL in week 2 of 1997. After he returned, he still put up 6,440 yards.

(For reference)
Danny Amendola has 5,362 career yards.

If you only counted Rice's career yardage AFTER he returned from his injury, he'd rank #176 on the all time yardage list. That would put him just ahead of guys like Keenan Allen and Randall Cobb, and just a couple of spots behind guys like Travis Kelce, Julian Edelman and OBJ.

I'll believe it when I see it. ACL injuries can be easily recovered from, but I've seen bad things happen when guys who aren't the fastest try to come back from one too quickly. Gregg Camarillo was a reception beast before his injury. Afterwards he was just that much slower. And he probably came back too quick, but teams tend to let these guys rush themselves even though it used to always be considered a 12 month injury. Preston Williams isn't the fastest receiver on Earth either. I liked what it did, but let's see.

He was targeted 37 times with 21 catches and 2 td’s. So while he showed good potential, he still has a long way to go before he can be considered a top flight WR in the NFL.
I would hope that with his size his catch ratio would be much higher than the 57% it was last year before he was injured.

Going into his second year and hopefully fully recovered from his ACL injury, I think he has the size and skill to become a top tier WR in the NFL but only time will tell if he can take that next step in becoming a more consistent player at the NFL level.

It was frustrating he got injured on a kick return. I think the coaching staff lost confidence in grant and had to put Williams back there. Grant had just signed a new contract last offseason and provided very little. The least he could do was excel at returns but he couldn’t manage that and we lost one of our most promising young players because of it.

Back
Top Bottom