I find it hard to believe that the Giants invested that much for Eli Manning...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I find it hard to believe that the Giants invested that much for Eli Manning......

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
I mean this might not be dolphins Related but when I see what we spent for Aj, its nothing what they spent for Eli Manning. I know what you are thinking right now but why would you sign Kurt Warner to "take pressure off Eli's Back". If he was so elite then why did they had to spent a first round pick, a 2nd round pick and invest and a back-up quarterback who can still start in this league. Too much given for a player who isn't ready yet and who has struggle in the last mini-camps thus showing little progress.

It sounds to me like he's not ready at all and that the giants gave up too much for the guy. A team would give up that much for a player who would immediately start and Eli manning wont be the starter this season; more likely we'll be starting a Career 5th round pick third stringer.

Eli Manning is screwed..he's going to suck bad. His first qb coach is Kevin Gilbride...nuff said

juniorseau55 said:
I mean this might not be dolphins Related but when I see what we spent for Aj, its nothing what they spent for Eli Manning. I know what you are thinking right now but why would you sign Kurt Warner to "take pressure off Eli's Back". If he was so elite then why did they had to spent a first round pick, a 2nd round pick and invest and a back-up quarterback who can still start in this league. Too much given for a player who isn't ready yet and who has struggle in the last mini-camps thus showing little progress.

It sounds to me like he's not ready at all and that the giants gave up too much for the guy. A team would give up that much for a player who would immediately start and Eli manning wont be the starter this season; more likely we'll be starting a Career 5th round pick third stringer.
You should really know more about the Giants situation if you are gonna voice your opinion on it. Eli Mannning is a rookie, Kurt Warner is an established veteran. New York signed Kurt Warner to a 2 year contract that can be voided after one year. This was done because the Giants are hoping that Eli Manning can claim the starters role by around week 10 or when the Giants fall out of contention. Look at Carson Palmer, the same exact scenario last year. He sat out an entire year and will step right in and become the starter. So before you start trashing the Bengals and Giants, lets see how these guys develop, because in the end the Bengals and Giants will show you why you have no idea what you are talking about

If you actually think Kurt Warner is going to survive a full season in that division I've got some land in the Everglades to sell you. Kurt Warner had Kyle Turler and Orlando Pace watching his back in StL, who's he got watching him in NY? Bunch of nobodies. Philly's back with a healthy d line too. It's going to be ugly.

The name alone was enough to convince the NYG organization. They better hope it doesn't backfire, a name guarantees nothing.

JPhinfan86 said:
The name alone was enough to convince the NYG organization. They better hope it doesn't backfire, a name guarantees nothing.

:lol: We kinda learned that one the hard way huh?

Hellion said:
:lol: We kinda learned that one the hard way huh?

Unfortunately yes. I can't say that I completely expected Griese to do good for us, but somehow I thought we might have caught a break. :lol: :shakeno: All I can say is, try try again (Feeley).

Back
Top Bottom