I gained respect... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I gained respect...

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
For both Chad Henne and the team after yesterday..

Sure, the game was there for the taking and all the team needed to do was execute.. But they played one tuff game against the best team in the league and it went down to wire.. for that acomplishment right there, you cant give enough credit to the team..

Yesterday, I couldnt watch the game live, as I had to persue my other passion, which is drag racing.. so I recorded the game on DVR while I was on the highway driving... The entire trip, we turned off the radio everytime the sports announcer updated the scores.. Then while talking to a friend on the cell.. I told him not to say anything about the Phins game.. All he did was laff.. a long laborious laff too.. Then followed up with "are you sure you dont want to know?" and then said "actually, its a better game than I expected"..

So that put me in a bummer mood for most of the trip..

When I got home and watched the game, I was excited when we got those two early fumbles... bummed out because we couldnt turn them into touchdowns... and yet, nervously awaited for disaster to strike as I remembered my friends laff..

Late in the 4th qtr, I was prepared for the loss, but was still impressed with the strength and the character that my team showed, while playing against the toughest team in the league.. Henne stood in the pocket with pose and maturity and that took a lot of balls on his part..

Sure we got ripped by the refs.. sure that was a touchback and not a 4th down at the 1/2 line.. Sure we should have stopped them earlier in the drive and not allowed them the field goal opportunity.. but overall, I was very impressed with the way the team play and I gained respect for them..

Good job Phins.. you made us proud..

Late in the 4th qtr, I was prepared for the loss, but was still impressed with the strength and the character that my team showed, while playing against the toughest team in the league.. Henne stood in the pocket with pose and maturity and that took a lot of balls on his part..

I think the problem is that it's becoming a recurring theme. Almost beat good teams never quite take that next step. I fear it will stay this way for the rest of the season or it will be corrected when it's too late just good enough to give the FO a pass.

Back
Top Bottom