I got the NFL draft digest mag. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I got the NFL draft digest mag.

ch19079 said:
no need to have a heart attack over my opininon. relax.

JP hasnt done anything. ill agree. but he was never given a chance to do anything.

AJ hasnt shown anything. and he was given a chance.

at some point you will have to stop blaming ricky for the horrable season. injuries played a part. but dont forget that you basically built your entire team around 1 guy, and when he went down (or reitred) the team crumbled. it sucks. but its true.

did you watch bledsoe last year? he did everything he could to loose us games. but we got a winning season out of it, after starting 0-4.
Your nagging about Alex Smith where does A.J. come into play? Alex hasn't been able to show anything either. Him and JP haven't had chances to prove themselves so we can just get off the subject.:)

What magazine are you subscribed to? I haven't subscribed to one, but I've been meaning too. I just can't find any good ones.

I got this Mag 2. It is garbage I do not agree with any of the picks except us taking wilkerson. It had not even updated the Randy Moss deal. It is pathetic. Also it claimed our wort ever pick was BEN KELLY. hello everyone knows our worst pick was Jamar Fletcher

ch19079 said:
no need to have a heart attack over my opininon. relax.

JP hasnt done anything. ill agree. but he was never given a chance to do anything.

AJ hasnt shown anything. and he was given a chance.

I disagree, I think AJ's shown a great arm so far, the problem last year O wise wasn't Ricky's departure, but the bad play of the OL, for any QB, RB, OR WR to have any effect on the game, it has to start up front, this is where we lost our games last year. We weren't able to protect the QB, we were able to open holes for the RB's. In other words, no consistency on the OL play. The other thing here is that AJ now has some more game experience. That's a lick up on JP, but I think JP will hold his own once he gets some good game action. He didn't look that bad in preseason, but again that's against vanilla D's and generally he didn't play the 1st string D's, just the backups. So he's a rookie all over again. A good running game will help him, like pittsburg's did for Roth. You guys have a D, so he should get a chance to be in every game.

ch19079 said:
personally i hope you do draft Smith.

he NOT a franchise QB, and any other year would be a mid second rounder at best.

also, you just gave up the 34th overall pick to a NFC champion Eagles for a BUM of a QB. who, by drafting a QB in the first round, have now told him he will be gone within 2 years.

or you can tell the NFL that you traded the #34th overall pick for a BACKUP QB.
Its a bad sign when even bills fans know our Qb s-cks :shakeno:

Noodle Arm said:
I predict we'll take Smith, Rodgers, Benson, Brown, Caddy, Edwards, M. Williams, D. Johnson with the #2 pick. :D

You forgot Rolle, after all he is VISITING for pre draft work outs!!:lol:

MDFINFAN said:
I disagree, I think AJ's shown a great arm so far, the problem last year O wise wasn't Ricky's departure, but the bad play of the OL, for any QB, RB, OR WR to have any effect on the game, it has to start up front, this is where we lost our games last year. We weren't able to protect the QB, we were able to open holes for the RB's. In other words, no consistency on the OL play. The other thing here is that AJ now has some more game experience. That's a lick up on JP, but I think JP will hold his own once he gets some good game action. He didn't look that bad in preseason, but again that's against vanilla D's and generally he didn't play the 1st string D's, just the backups. So he's a rookie all over again. A good running game will help him, like pittsburg's did for Roth. You guys have a D, so he should get a chance to be in every game.

Finally! Someone who saw the same games that I saw. You are absolutely correct! You can't move the ball, through the air or the ground, with an o-line like that.

What has me really concerned is that we haven't strenghten the o-line. I do think that we had a terrible offensive system, game plan, and terrible coaching. So I hope that Saban is right and that Houck can make something of this group. They did give effort for what ever that counts.

We will probably take a RB, either Benson or Brown.

MDFINFAN said:
Must say I agree 100% with this post, I really think Saban will want to develope a player we took with the 2nd pick and go after another impact player who has long term value, if a RB can give us that, I think that's where
he goes, EJ, SA, MF, ES, CM, and Holmes. Just in case you don't get it, E. James, Shan Alexander, Marshall Fault, Emmit Smith, Curtis Martin, and Holmes are franchise type backs that O's are built around. Can R. Brown be one too?

Priest Holmes wasn't a franchise player for the Ravens. He's no Jamal Lewis. Funny how a good O-line can change the fortunes of a RB. KC's O-line has been regarded for years as one of the top 3 lines in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom