I gotta bring it up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I gotta bring it up

FIN-IN-RI

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
It was like hell trying to get ont his site today in the afternoon.. and it's like that everytime big news happens with the phins.

So here's the question:

Instead of buying 3 more servers, is there any way we can shut the guests out so the members can get in during these critical :chuckle: times.

Sincerely,

a fan

I don't disagree with you a bit, Marc. I think there should be a way to prioritize page loading...but I'm not a techie, so I don't even know if that's possible.

It does bug me that there are "guests" which number as many as 10X the number of members at a given time, and they get to see the same thing that members see except VIP and Premium. Yet they contribute nothing to the site because they can't be counted for any business purpose. And all because they simply WON'T take the few seconds that it takes to sign up!

Freeloaders piss me off. :fire:

Great idea! Now, we need someone who knows how all that technical mumbo jumbo works :goof:
It's always the times that I NEED to be on Finheaven that I can't get on.

The problem is the Apache server software not the servers. There is plenty of bandwidth to handle the load of members and guests on high traffic occasions..Thats why the new servers were purchased.

Hopefully the techies will be able to narrow the problem down by the time our next HC is hired.

We can always put Nabo and Timewarp at the door as bouncers. :D

Guys I am sorry. I too was really disapppointed that after investing serious money into this site, that we saw this problem. I have the tech Gods working on it, and it is indeed a software issue. I will spend whatever I have to, to get it fixed.

Sorry again.

Guys I am sorry. I too was really disapppointed that after investing serious money into this site, that we saw this problem. I have the tech Gods working on it, and it is indeed a software issue. I will spend whatever I have to, to get it fixed.

Sorry again.

We all know you're doing your best. :wink:

PM me if you need one of my engineers to take a look under the hood sometime. We have a pretty good web optimization guy and he works well with Apache.

Sorry again.

We're behind you!! we're inquiring minds though too! :D

Don't sweat it Matt. Although, I know I'd be ticked off too after that investment.

Sorry again.

Wayne...is that you ???

thanks Matt !!:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom