I guess we have not made any progress so far as a franchise. Dave is here.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I guess we have not made any progress so far as a franchise. Dave is here..........

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
This announcement comes up that will take us ahead as a Franchise. Dave has been given a 2 year extension. Days Later we have created a mediocre position to get fans to believe that we will change big and hired Dan Marino and Rick Spielman was "upgraded" to general manager. We really been in point 0 all along. I don't see anything good about this franchise in the coming years if they continue to manage it like this.

I was listening to how Bill Belichick was prepares his team and the chances that he takes and boy, does wanny seem like an ordinary coach. Wanny hasn't done a horrible job, he has aided to upgrade the team but at major compensations by thinking conservative. In the meantime, we will watch our team miss the playoffs again next year because we simply aren't as good as our opponents.

theres no reason to think we'll improve ....... the same clowns are here that helped us lose games,misjudge talent,undercoach,and come out flat

What are you guys talking about, when was the last time we were a sub 500 team, did the O make you feel comfortable this year, hell yea I would have played them conservatively too. Half the time they couldn't run. The passing game was suspect..Would you place all your trust in them? With the type of team we had, the game plans were about right. We were in every game except maybe 2, even against the eventual SB Champs.

Our offense made some defenses look spectacular (NE, Tenn). I think we'll stack up much better with an improved offensive line and a respectable QB. The receivers aren't great, per se, but I think they rank behind OL and QB in terms of needing an immediate upgrade.

With Speilman making the calls, I'd expect the "need areas" to be addressed...not just ways to improve an already impressive defense...which is what Wanny did. We will see a more balanced attack this year. A defense that stifles and an offense that has the ability to put points on the board.

You guys are trapped in a vortwex of only being "good"

It is my belief that Miami is turning into the Red Sox and will be competing forever and believing that every year is "the year"

You guys are trapped.

The move to hire a GM was a step in the right direction, but just isn't enough. Same with the hirings of Trestman and Sullivan. If we wanted to make a lot of progress, we would have fired Wanny. We have this new front office and these offensive coaches but it doesn't change the fact that we still have a horrible head coach.

Originally posted by XNOUGHT
You guys are trapped in a vortwex of only being "good"

It is my belief that Miami is turning into the Red Sox and will be competing forever and believing that every year is "the year"

You guys are trapped.
that's an excellent point...Miami always is good, but never good enough...always between 8-8 and 10-6.

Shula, Johnson, Wanny... they all suck. Come on now, lets maintain some form of perspective. I don't care who the driver is, if you're driving a Ford Festiva, you aren't going to compete against a Ferrari. With that O-line, your QBs, RBs aren't gonna look very good. It all starts in the trenches. If you can't make holes and buy time for you QB and recievers, you're going to lose the game. I think given the lack of talent, wanny has done an excellent job of helping this team to over-achieve. We could easily have done much worse.

However, I am happy to see wanny will no longer have the final call on the draft (hopefully he won't have a call in free agency also, but I'm unsure of that point). That dawg sucks at determining the postion of need priority.

Back
Top Bottom