I had no idea that Travis Daniels | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I had no idea that Travis Daniels

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
was the DB that cost LSU the bowl game this year, I remember watching and thinking damn that guy will be glad that Saban will be gone.

Well at least he has a chance to make it up to Nick now. :lol:

He didn't lose the bowl game....look at his PC transcript...he describes the play and says that one of the corners missed the defensive call and thought they were playing zone instead of man....the corner dropped him after 10 yards and there was nobody there to pick him up...Travis was covering another man....

inFINSible said:
He didn't lose the bowl game....look at his PC transcript...he describes the play and says that one of the corners missed the defensive call and thought they were playing zone instead of man....the corner dropped him after 10 yards and there was nobody there to pick him up...Travis was covering another man....

I know, I did read it, I was just kidding. I did however really think that when I was watching the game, I thought damn all that guy had to do was cover for one play and not give up a long pass and blew the coverage.

Another one of our

defensive backs, Ronnie Prude was the one at fault. He was in the wrong coverage. Travis Daniels was just trying to get over there to help out. Prude messed up but is also a very good corner and you will be hearing his name in the draft next year.

PhinPhreak said:
was the DB that cost LSU the bowl game this year, I remember watching and thinking damn that guy will be glad that Saban will be gone.

Well at least he has a chance to make it up to Nick now. :lol:

Believe what internet gossip you want to, but Daniels was not the DB that cost them the game. It was the nickle DB, Prude. But as I've said in other posts, Saban's defense was very complicated and I believe that it will see better success in the pros than college because people will need time to be in the system for awhile. It is definitely a "thinking" defense rather that someone just being in an area.

Daniels will be a very good addition to your team.

PhinPhreak said:
I know, I did read it, I was just kidding. I did however really think that when I was watching the game, I thought damn all that guy had to do was cover for one play and not give up a long pass and blew the coverage.
:o sorry.

LSUTigah said:
Believe what internet gossip you want to, but Daniels was not the DB that cost them the game. It was the nickle DB, Prude. But as I've said in other posts, Saban's defense was very complicated and I believe that it will see better success in the pros than college because people will need time to be in the system for awhile. It is definitely a "thinking" defense rather that someone just being in an area.

Daniels will be a very good addition to your team.

Dude I was just kidding, It wasn't internet gossip either, I read his transcript and found out he was part of the play. I have no idea who was covering who on the play.

(On if Nick Saban blamed him for that) – “No, he didn’t blame me for it. If he did, he never told me about it. We were in a man coverage and one of the guys didn’t get the call, thought we were playing a zone so he kind of dropped him at about twenty yards when he should have kept running with him. That is what left them with one more man than we had.¢â‚¬Â

Is he projected to become a FS?

Has good size and the speed and would have good hands being a CB.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
He was the player who kept Randall Gay at nickle, no?

That is correct. Once Randall Gay got hurt, Daniels took over the position and never lost his spot. Gay went on to be an undrafted free agent that started in the Superbowl for the Patriots last year. Similar defensive schemes.

Back
Top Bottom