I HATE Cover 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I HATE Cover 2

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Cover 2 is such a bad system. There are so many "soft spots" that its unbelieveable. It isn't exactly the hardest system to expose, and if a team plans well, they can just kill the cover 2 zone. I hate it.

I hate any scheme on D that does is set in stone. You need to disguise your coverages so that the QB does not know that the TE will be open since the Ss are deep helping out the outside CBs. Our pass D is predicated on the fact the teams we will get pressure on the QB and eventually force a TO. When neither of those 2 things happen, we will suck as we did today. The question is once again about Bates & Co. - why did not we not change our scheme when we had no pass rush ? :confused:

Good news, we need to look hard at the SD film and see how the Bolts held the Pats to 14 :D

The TEs always have big days against us. Michael Ricks of Detroit had like 70 yards against us because the whole middle of the field against us is a soft spot. I think we are better off when we play strict man coverage espicially on the TE.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think we are better off when we play strict man coverage espicially on the TE.
we need Pat and Sam healthy to do that :(

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Yeah, we really need Pat next week.
especially since Brown will be back I am sure

Back
Top Bottom