I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but… | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hate Saban for dismantling this team, but…

You're a smart guy brother, this I know, but do you really think there aren't other people taking tests for some of these players or handing in assignments on their behalf? When was the last time you saw a star player ineligible to play because he didn't meet the academic requirements? It never happens in the modern era, and to hear some of these players publicly speak, you wonder how they even graduated high school. It's all a farce, there's too much money at risk for the schools, and they all look the other way...
I can tell you that most schools are on top of their athletes constantly to make sure they stay eligible.

The days of athlete only classes and athlete only dorms are long gone.

I have an ex player that is a freshman right now who was complaining over Xmas break that they MAKE HIM study with tutors, even with good grades.

They treat these kids like unmotivated students to prevent them from becoming ineligible.

I’ll be here a long time brother

Spoken like a guy who was never an athlete, lol. They have to be students to make grades ffs!

Maybe the one and done in basketball that can be true but not so much for those who must stay in school longer than a year.
lol.. wake up..

Spoken like a guy who was never an athlete, lol. They have to be students to make grades ffs!

Maybe the one and done in basketball that can be true but not so much for those who must stay in school longer than a year.
a relative of mine is a high school guidance counselor in a rough area.
2 of her "students" who are currently on 6th grade reading have just received EARLY acceptance to go play division1 football.. i'm sure they chose those schools for it's science program..

a relative of mine is a high school guidance counselor in a rough area.
2 of her "students" who are currently on 6th grade reading have just received EARLY acceptance to go play division1 football.. i'm sure they chose those schools for it's science program..

Yup I nailed it. Well I was a scholarship power forward in college. A student fvcking athlete, and you are a 🤡 who has a relative that knows some kids who are going to college. You're a clown lol spoken like a guy who has no fvcking clue just like I said previously.

Yup I nailed it. Well I was a scholarship power forward in college. A student fvcking athlete, and you are a 🤡 who has a relative that knows some kids who are going to college. You're a clown lol spoken like a guy who has no fvcking clue just like I said previously.
lol.. a legend in your own mind. clueless. justin fields, the great ohio state QB, said he never set foot on the campus. his words, not mine. are some athletes students, absolutely. but don't sit there and tell me the system isn't broken . for god's sake, look at the transfer portal and they are transferring for academics? yeah, i have no clue..

lol.. a legend in your own mind. clueless. justin fields, the great ohio state QB, said he never set foot on the campus. his words, not mine. are some athletes students, absolutely. but don't sit there and tell me the system isn't broken . for god's sake, look at the transfer portal and they are transferring for academics? yeah, i have no clue..

Colleges offer reading classes which increase reading levels for all students, and this class which I took 1st semester freshman year raised my reading level from 10th grade level to 15th year (junior in college) in one semester. It's not a big deal they have 6th grade reading levels moron!

The public school system is trash anyways, and the norm for high school males coming into college in the mid 1990's was at an 8th grade level.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Colleges offer reading classes which increase reading levels for all students, and this class which I took 1st semester freshman year raised my reading level from 10th grade level to 15th year (junior in college) in one semester. It's not a big deal they have 6th grade reading levels moron!

The public school system is trash anyways, and the norm for high school males coming into college in the mid 1990's was at an 8th grade level.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
lol.. doesn't say much about colleges when the norm was 8th grade reading... scary stat...
not a big deal with somebody with a 6th grade reading level??.. whatever..
not gonna change your mind so you can call me a clown or a moron
i only played division 3 baseball so i don't have your expertise.
glad we agree that we both want the dolphins to win.

Congrats on being div III baseball. That comes as a surprise considering how academic div III schools are and your lack of comprehension to my statements. You totally missed the point about high school reading levels entering into college.

Being a douche on a message board should be beneath you as a division III student athlete.you should be better than that, imho.

Yes, we both love the Dolphins, and I'm super excited about our teams trajectory. It's been a rough 2 decad3s to day the least. Happy fandom, dude.

lol.. doesn't say much about colleges when the norm was 8th grade reading... scary stat...
not a big deal with somebody with a 6th grade reading level??.. whatever..
not gonna change your mind so you can call me a clown or a moron
i only played division 3 baseball so i don't have your expertise.
glad we agree that we both want the dolphins to win.

Div-III athletes are NOT scholarship athletes. Neither are Div-II athletes except in extremely rare circumstances.

So it’s not even an apples to oranges comparison. More like an apples to rice cakes comparison - where the rice cakes can receive financial aid.

Saban’s the one who doesn’t deserve the money. He risks nothing.

No one should care.

19 year olds work. Some are more talented than others. Don’t hate on this particular part of capitalism.

It’s not about risk. If a player is good enough to have a future earning a living playing football, there are insurance policies worth millions that Universities can take out on those players if they CHOOSE to risk it by staying in school. It’s their choice. Nobody put a gun to anybody’s head and made them play football to begin with.

Bryce Young earned over $3 million in NIL at Alabama. Because he EARNED it on the field first. Created value for himself.

A high school kid that has yet to make a single play, or prove that he can even earn a starting job at that level has a value of ZERO. You have to earn it first. It doesn’t matter how many stars a recruiting service places next your name.

If a kid like Javion Cohen believes he’s worth $500,000, all he had to do was turn pro and find out. Then he could pay for his girlfriend to get into law school himself. However, the reality was that he would’ve found out he’s actually worth whatever a practice squad player in the NFL makes at best. And he knew it.

He couldn’t even keep his starting job on Alabama’s offensive line. Got beat out by true freshman Tyler Booker. That’s why Cohen transferred to Miami.

You don’t give an unproven kid out of high school a bag of money when there are already players within your program at his position that already have been working their ass off and doing things the right way.

Unless that’s the only way you can get recruits to sign.

It’s not about risk. If a player is good enough to have a future earning a living playing football, there are insurance policies worth millions that Universities can take out on those players if they CHOOSE to risk it by staying in school. It’s their choice. Nobody put a gun to anybody’s head and made them play football to begin with.

Bryce Young earned over $3 million in NIL at Alabama. Because he EARNED it on the field first. Created value for himself.

A high school kid that has yet to make a single play, or prove that he can even earn a starting job at that level has a value of ZERO. You have to earn it first. It doesn’t matter how many stars a recruiting service places next your name.

If a kid like Javion Cohen believes he’s worth $500,000, all he had to do was turn pro and find out. Then he could pay for his girlfriend to get into law school himself. However, the reality was that he would’ve found out he’s actually worth whatever a practice squad player in the NFL makes at best. And he knew it.

He couldn’t even keep his starting job on Alabama’s offensive line. Got beat out by true freshman Tyler Booker. That’s why Cohen transferred to Miami.

You don’t give an unproven kid out of high school a bag of money when there are already players within your program at his position that already have been working their ass off and doing things the right way.

Unless that’s the only way you can get recruits to sign.

You don’t sound very objective. You sound like an Alabama fan.

These kids have the right to make as much money as possible while playing semi-pro football, which is what college football has become.

While capitalism is surely going to be the root cause of the end of civilization, its tenants should still apply to everyone.

It’s as simple as turning the other cheek when a player asks for too much. No school is owed any prospect.

What they need is a salary cap.

You don’t sound very objective. You sound like an Alabama fan.

These kids have the right to make as much money as possible while playing semi-pro football, which is what college football has become.

While capitalism is surely going to be the root cause of the end of civilization, its tenants should still apply to everyone.

It’s as simple as turning the other cheek when a player asks for too much. No school is owed any prospect.

What they need is a salary cap.

To the contrary - I sound like I know what I’m talking about. You sound like a typical Saban jader and Fetterman voter. Nothing about the point of view you have typed out is anywhere near objective.

It’s obvious you don’t even understand how NIL works. Honestly, you are so far out there that it’s probably not worth the discussion.

We’ll take Saban and you can have Fetterman. We’ll just leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom