I Hate to Say I Told You So, But... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Hate to Say I Told You So, But...

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
Guys this is just what Daryl wants. He wants us to argue about him, and talk about him, cause it's all about HIM.

The guy wants this same action in the Dolphins locker room, and that is why he made these comments. If Zach says he didn't go to Dave, then I am sorry, but I believe Zach. Gardener wasn't here, so he doesn't know who talked to Wannstedt, and furthermore, he doesn't know what was said to Wannstedt.

Only the players and Dave know what was said.

I am actually glad he did that interview, because it shows what a Jerk-off he really is.

I really don't blame the guy but your part right that he wants this to carry on..I don't know to believe that Zach wasn't one of them other but we should move on and hopefully players can come together because right now that locker room is divided...

Personally I think that Zach was telling the truth that he didn't go in and badmouth him to Dave. And because of that, I think that a lot of people in the locker room are going to hate Daryl for what he just got done doing. Zach's the heart and soul of the defense, even the whole team. And this guy's badmouthing Zach based on speculation even though Zach said outright that it wasn't him?

I don't think it sounds like he's emotionally disturbed. It sounds more like he can't decide whether he wants to try and disrupt the dolphins more by unleashing a bunch of crap, or whether or not he wants to come back and play for us in 2003. Like I said his message was a carefully prepared 3 page message and I think it was targetted to make some of the players get on his side while singling out others who are the bad ones. I still don't believe he got on the side of the road and cried. Thats BS.

One statement says it all about Gardener's tenure in Miami.

"Dave has to be in control. When it came to me, Dave couldn't be in control. If you pay me this much money, you are not going to make me a robot"

The man always did his own thing, never followed orders, and he uses the amount of money we paid him as an EXCUSE? Heck for the amount of money we paid him, if the Dolphins tell him to go easy on his back in workouts, I want him to go fvcking easy on his back in workouts! I don't want him to keep lifting as much as he can on his back during workout sessions against doctor advice like he was doing. Everything is his own damn fault.

Originally posted by minus
Well put your self in his position....The guy was having REAL PERSONAL problem and you know how it is.I believe him that he told his agent and I'm sure his agent contacted Wanstead.What his teamates did was F**ked up.Instead of understading they were bashing him saying his a "bully" ...The man is a beast when he is healthy and we all know what happen when he got injured last year.What he said in the article was that him and Wanstead didn't get along and Thomas was one of them.He is not making any excuse for anythig because all he is saying that Zach was one of them and he lie to him.Mostly is his anguish towards his teamates who backstab him...

Hey, when things go bad in my life, do I get to take off from my crummy, low-paying job?? Do I get to skip school?? No. That dude got paid MILLIONS of dollars to play FOOTBALL and work out. All he had to do was CALL WANNSTEDT. WHAT THE F*CK IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT?? Sh*t, all he had to do was come work out with them. $200K just to come work out with the guys every day.

If somebody's an azzhole and he makes the workplace miserable and isn't pulling his weight, is it really backstabbing to go to the boss about it?? NO, I think it's RESPONSIBLE.

DG showed his true colors yesterday. And I don't care who went to Wanny. I'm just glad that somebody did.

In one month's time, all he had to do to save his job was pick up the phone and RETURN a call to his boss. Not only is it common sense but it's also common courtesy. But DG doesn't know anything about courtesty. He's a bully that's f*cked up in the head. Good riddance.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Personally I think that Zach was telling the truth that he didn't go in and badmouth him to Dave. And because of that, I think that a lot of people in the locker room are going to hate Daryl for what he just got done doing. Zach's the heart and soul of the defense, even the whole team. And this guy's badmouthing Zach based on speculation even though Zach said outright that it wasn't him?

I don't think it sounds like he's emotionally disturbed. It sounds more like he can't decide whether he wants to try and disrupt the dolphins more by unleashing a bunch of crap, or whether or not he wants to come back and play for us in 2003. Like I said his message was a carefully prepared 3 page message and I think it was targetted to make some of the players get on his side while singling out others who are the bad ones. I still don't believe he got on the side of the road and cried. Thats BS.

One statement says it all about Gardener's tenure in Miami.

"Dave has to be in control. When it came to me, Dave couldn't be in control. If you pay me this much money, you are not going to make me a robot"

The man always did his own thing, never followed orders, and he uses the amount of money we paid him as an EXCUSE? Heck for the amount of money we paid him, if the Dolphins tell him to go easy on his back in workouts, I want him to go fvcking easy on his back in workouts! I don't want him to keep lifting as much as he can on his back during workout sessions against doctor advice like he was doing. Everything is his own damn fault.

Yeah he already said it was his fault.This interview was just to release his anguish to his teamates who "backstabbed" him...I believe him to a point and you just can't assume Thomas had nothing to do..Hey you really think he is going to admit if he did?No one has come foward why should he come foward...In a locker room stories go around and most of you who haved played sports should know..All I ver said it was f**cked what his teamates did but I never said they didn't do the right thing by cutting him.I just hope the players come together and become stronger unit ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I like his excuse for not calling Wannstedt. "I was on vacation sorting through some personal problems and when you're doing that you don't want to talk to people..."

Yeah, that statement alone pretty much explains why his butt got cut.

This guy is a big baby. He got cut. So 1 week later, he makes a trip back across the country to stop in to his former team so he can find out who talked about him to the coach.

PLEASE. Move on and get a life. You'll be out by Week 9 anyway.

Minus ..you amaze me ..you read that article and have sympathy?What world are you living in man ? This guy has NEVER and I repeat NEVER played up to his draft pick status...besides being a loudmouth who continuously gave other teams blackboard material to get up for but he was never around the last two years when it was needed ..I watched zach play what i know was a terribly painful last three games . while daryl sat and now he and you have the nerve to doubt him ...?I am sure that most of the fans here are seeing things clearly ...this guy is a waste .. screw his damn "Potential"...thats all ive heard for years from him ..he is rich beyond most of our dreams and is showing how idiotic he is with the last few days behaivor...I called for his head for two years now and I am so happy i could spit ..in daryls face! I have NO respect for this guy and want him to fail whereever he goes ...LOSER!

i really don't think it was about the coach or the players, i think he was released because of his back and cap#. right now i don't know why(my beady little non nfl gm brain can't figure it out) it made more sense to release him now as opposed to later, but i bet wanny and spiel had this planned all along. i think there is a lot that we (including the "experts") don't know...

am i way off base here?

You have to admit, it leaves a hole in your D-line (and i don't want to hear about those Carolina Panthers Chester and Williams)

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
You have to admit, it leaves a hole in your D-line (and i don't want to hear about those Carolina Panthers Chester and Williams)

Admit what!? There's absolutely nothin to "admit" here. DG wasn't going to be playing tackle this year anyway and was going to be moved to end where he was a total unknown so, no, there is no hole in the middle. As far as Chester goes, the guy's looking awesome in camp and appears to be an excellent pick up. As far as Williams goes, we also have Burnett over there to bolster that side. This is a very strong D-line.

Maybe you're just a little jealous because your only pick up was Josh Evans who'll probably be suspended some time this year when he gets caught using dope again. :yell:

You can get in all the digs you want at Evans and Webster, but I would take the Jets line over the Fins' any day of the week.

You ARE on drugs.

Chester will dominate your line. Bank on it.

Minus has it right! You have to understand the INDIVIDUAL that you are dealing with, and Wanny did not have a clue. Sometimes when a bear has a thorn in his paw, he doesn't want to shake hands. And Zack Thomas? Great linebacker and great backstabber. Now everyone in the locker room has to wonder if they have to suck up to Thomas and Taylor. Stand up guys indeed! I just hope that the rest of team does not get too infected by those two.

DISAGREE MINUS about the team mate thing. After how many years of this guy being a jerk, they finally sai enough is enough. Bottom line is, was his back going to get better, enough to put up with his BS?

NO.

Originally posted by steve_t
Minus has it right! You have to understand the INDIVIDUAL that you are dealing with, and Wanny did not have a clue. Sometimes when a bear has a thorn in his paw, he doesn't want to shake hands. And Zack Thomas? Great linebacker and great backstabber. Now everyone in the locker room has to wonder if they have to suck up to Thomas and Taylor. Stand up guys indeed! I just hope that the rest of team does not get too infected by those two.

Dude are you smoking crack!?! First of all it's not Wanstedt's job to phychoanalyze the members of his team, it's his job to coach them. If a guy like DG who, by all acounts, was a problem since the day Wanstedt became coach, isn't acting in the way in which his boss, or his teamates expect him to then, obviously there's a problem with the individual, not the organization or the boss.

Secondly, ZT is a great backstabber?!!! I'm thuroughly convinced that you do smoke crack if you're espousing this type of drivel based on hearsay from a player who's obviously jaded and is trying to get even with the organization that let him go. When you're making judgements on someone based upon hearsay always remember to consider the source lest you wind up looking like a moron. :yell:

Back
Top Bottom