I have a feeling that the best WR of this class will be.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a feeling that the best WR of this class will be....

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Mike Williams. He doesn't have the speed of Edwards but he's got the hands and the size. The guy was dominating the Pac 10 since his Freshman year. If you would have asked me 1 month ago who I wanted with our pick I would have said Ronnie Brown, 2 weeks ago it was Edwards, now, I've finalized my pick and I decided I want Mike Williams. Hopefully we can trade down and still pick him up. I think he's going to be hungry for some football action!!

I agree Mike will be the best WR, but I have him third on my big board.....

1. Caddy
2. Benson
3. M.Williams
4. Brown
5. Edwards

Yea, Williams is probably the better WR, but I'll be happy with either one.

IMO, as you can see with my signature, I think Braylon Edwards is not only the best WR this year, but I think he's the best player in the draft period. I dont doubt the skill of Mike Williams, I really like the guy and would love to have him, i'd just want Edwards.

I would not want us to get Williams with the #2 pick, I wouldnt want to draft someone that high who hasnt played in a year, if we traded down I would like him, but not with #2

Williams will be a good WR but I think Edwards will be better...now and in the future. Williams will probably be shifted to TE in a few years if he can't keep his weight down as his metabolism begins to slow as he gets older. Edwards is the better long-term WR prospect....faster and although about 1 1/2 inches shorter....still well above the avg. CB height he'll have to go up against. Williams will be good.....but to each his own.

Phin_Phan said:
IMO, as you can see with my signature, I think Braylon Edwards is not only the best WR this year, but I think he's the best player in the draft period. I dont doubt the skill of Mike Williams, I really like the guy and would love to have him, i'd just want Edwards.

I would not want us to get Williams with the #2 pick, I wouldnt want to draft someone that high who hasnt played in a year, if we traded down I would like him, but not with #2

Fair enough.... I still like a RB in the first.

I think Mike is the better fit here. We have the burner in Chambers, but how many times did we find ourselves in the redzone last year only to blow it. Mike Williams is like Super Oronde. I think he would be the perfect compliment to Chambers. If we trade down in the five to seven range, I hope he'd be who we target. Where we are, I doubt they'll go with him. I'd be thrilled, but I doubt it'd happen.

jbond said:
Williams will be a good WR but I think Edwards will be better...now and in the future. Williams will probably be shifted to TE in a few years if he can't keep his weight down as his metabolism begins to slow as he gets older. Edwards is the better long-term WR prospect....faster and although about 1 1/2 inches shorter....still well above the avg. CB height he'll have to go up against. Williams will be good.....but to each his own.

The whole TE thing is garbage in my opinion, he is a WR, period. And about him not being able to keep his weight down, this man is all muscle, he is built like a rock and is in great shape.

Minnphin said:
I think Mike is the better fit here. We have the burner in Chambers, but how many times did we find ourselves in the redzone last year only to blow it. Mike Williams is like Super Oronde. I think he would be the perfect compliment to Chambers. If we trade down in the five to seven range, I hope he'd be who we target. Where we are, I doubt they'll go with him. I'd be thrilled, but I doubt it'd happen.

M.Williams could be better in the redzone than R.Moss. He really is gonna be a great WR in my opinion, and I agree with you completely, great compliment to Chambers, but I still love Caddy too much to pass him up.

i would love to see a Super star Receiver! That would open up Chambers and Booker and our running game as well. We would have the best receiving corps in the NFL!

Phin_Phan said:

I must admit I'm afraid of Mich. Receivers after Desmond Howard and David Terrell. I know everyone says Edwards is different but I'm still leery. I'm almost as scared to pick up a Mich. WR as I am picking up a PSU RB.

phinfan2003 said:
I must admit I'm afraid of Mich. Receivers after Desmond Howard and David Terrell. I know everyone says Edwards is different but I'm still leery. I'm almost as scared to pick up a Mich. WR as I am picking up a PSU RB.

I am the same way....He scares me an awful lot.......

Back
Top Bottom