I have a question about our expectations. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a question about our expectations.

Scrap

Go Fins
Reaction score
Now I'm guilty of this too, so don't think I'm not including myself. It seems like every year our Dolphins are predicted to go pretty far only to fizzle out and dissapoint us. This has been year in year out for many years. We've always had a good team, never a great one. (unless you go way back) Why does it seem that ever since Wannstedt has become the coach we expect to go further? I realize the talent level is different with the team now, but so is that of our opponents. Jimmy didn't get us anywhere, and it had been a while since Shula had us in a Super Bowl. There were some pretty talented teams over those years. It seems like just because Shula and Jimmy had a ring, that we may have taken it easy on them.(I'm not bashing Don. So don't take it that way.)Maybe we are just tired of it. What do y'all think?Are we not giving him the same chance we gave Jimmy? Granted, Jimmy hooked us up with a good defense, but the second he got here, the offense dissapeared.

The longer the team goes without a Superbowl, the harsher we are going to be on everyone. Especially when the talent is there to make it happen and it doesn't. I don't see it ever letting up (unless we hit rock bottom at some point).

I think the expectations are so high because we have more talent on this team than any other team in football. Look at the guys on our defense, then we got Ricky, Chambers, & McMichael on offense. If Wanny wasn't so d*mn dumb to keep avoiding our needs in the off season we'd be defending the title this year. We need a couple WRs last year, one with play making ability & he doesn't get it. We need oline help & the only thing he does is draft a LT in the 3rd round.

Originally posted by Scrappy
Now I'm guilty of this too, so don't think I'm not including myself. It seems like every year our Dolphins are predicted to go pretty far only to fizzle out and dissapoint us. This has been year in year out for many years. We've always had a good team, never a great one. (unless you go way back) Why does it seem that ever since Wannstedt has become the coach we expect to go further? I realize the talent level is different with the team now, but so is that of our opponents. Jimmy didn't get us anywhere, and it had been a while since Shula had us in a Super Bowl. There were some pretty talented teams over those years. It seems like just because Shula and Jimmy had a ring, that we may have taken it easy on them.(I'm not bashing Don. So don't take it that way.)Maybe we are just tired of it. What do y'all think?Are we not giving him the same chance we gave Jimmy? Granted, Jimmy hooked us up with a good defense, but the second he got here, the offense dissapeared.

Big difference between JJ and Wanny is that at least JJ has the decency to just quit after failing!

Originally posted by SMadison29
I think the expectations are so high because we have more talent on this team than any other team in football. Look at the guys on our defense, then we got Ricky, Chambers, & McMichael on offense. If Wanny wasn't so d*mn dumb to keep avoiding our needs in the off season we'd be defending the title this year. We need a couple WRs last year, one with play making ability & he doesn't get it. We need oline help & the only thing he does is draft a LT in the 3rd round.

I agree with the [total] talent part. Thing is tho that it was said that "Wanny did a pretty good job with the talent he had". Kriiiiiiist, don't know how much talent they expect him to have tp have to make the playoffs!!

JJ may have gave us a good defense but he could have gave us a good offense to but he kept drafting defensive players and Rb after rb signing rb after rb after rb. He was trying to build a Dallas Cowboys team instead of a Miami Dolphins team. Emmit was good but he had the best line in the league we didn't.

Originally posted by SMadison29

Not to negate your view of this talented team, but again we're not a talented team. The only talent is on the defensive side....

The only STUD we have on offense is Ricky, not to take away anything form Chambers and McMichael, they are good but not to the level of Ricky yet. They seem to drop crusial balls when they need to execute, they are not consistant.

Mc Mike drops passes and forgets blocking assigments, and CC has the ability to make great catches and drops easier ones.

I have not seen them make the probowl yet, have you?

Aside from that, I agree with everything else you say...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom