I have a request for a Jimmy Johnson Picture | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have a request for a Jimmy Johnson Picture

jaxdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
If anyone has the picture of JJ getting hit in the face by a football at practice, I'd love to see it again.

Marino's best pass IMO.

Thanks in advance

I've never seen that. I would like to see it too. That's great. I hope it was a hard out pattern.

Jimmy: :confused: :eek: :cry: :fire:

Marino: :) :D :evil: :roflmao:

cnc66 said:
well, i went snoopin' around with no luck but I found an old, very funny(now) article by Mort, to bad it was us.
http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/000906dolphins.html

IMO, Wannstedt was a slightly better coach than JJ. On the other hand, JJ was a much better personnel guy,talent evaluator, better communicator, better team manager, and better motivator. But if we're just talking X's and O's, I think Wanny was better which apparently doesn't say much about either of them.

phinfan2003 said:
IMO, Wannstedt was a slightly better coach than JJ. On the other hand, JJ was a much better personnel guy,talent evaluator, better communicator, better team manager, and better motivator. But if we're just talking X's and O's, I think Wanny was better which apparently doesn't say much about either of them.

The whole Jimmy tree had very shallow roots.They have become extinct species thank goodness.:rolleyes:

Thanks for checking. It was a great pic of him standing on the sideline at practice and the moment of impact captured forever. I searched the web for it, but hoped it would be on someone's hard drive.

phinfan2003 said:

Agree with most of this, but I feel JJ was also a much better head coach than Wannstedt. Wannstedt is a good Defensive Coordinator, but just a terrible NFL head coach. Also probably the worst GM and talent evaluator I've seen in my years following the NFL.

Wannsdedt was JJ minus the talent evaluation ability and the discipline.

In other words, he was Kotite.

jaxdolfan said:
Wannsdedt was JJ minus the talent evaluation ability and the discipline.

In other words, he was Kotite.

:roflmao:

JJ was a WAY better coach then Wanny. With JJ we went to the playoffs every year, and he built the defense we had. He got us Zach, JT, Madison. All Wanny did was take JJ's medicore team and run it into the ground.

But neither can be considered a success.

Back
Top Bottom