I have been pleased with the recent play of JAMAR FLETCHER!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I have been pleased with the recent play of JAMAR FLETCHER!!!

Denny

GENERAL MANAGER
Reaction score
I was his biggest critic in the beginning of the season, but I hae to admit that he has settled in really nicely. He seems to be more physical and is making more plays on the ball. I originally felt that he was a total bust, but now I think he has become a solid performer that can only get better. Thank YOU JAMAR, for sticking with it becuz there were times I wanted to kill u. By the way, I had a good feeling about DENVER. That same feeling exists for Green BAY. I like what CC adds to other side. He is a presence. Later

Yea, I was rewatching the Buffalo game and he was doing pretty good...I think his confidence is starting to increase and his comfort level is starting to blend in as he knows what to do and how to play..He's going to be alright after all..but for now he is the weakest link..:-) Just had to put that in there.

there is a big difference between Marvin Harrison and just about everybody else he will face. He is looking like someone who can play well ag. anyone's 3rd WR. Ag. the Bills he pulled a Sam and came off his guy to break up the pass :cool:

you can't get better at his position by watching film and practicing. you have to take your lumps on the field. i kinda wish he would have gone through this last year, but cousin played well and you can't change the past. every team has a "win now" approach which is good, but it really puts young players into the fire. fletcher will only get better, and by the end of the year i think he'll be looking like a true first rounder. it just takes time.

I guess you could say that about 99% of the CBs in the league, Ice. :)

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Good point muck. Madison can handle him though :)

There have been games when even Madison has been burned pretty good by him.

I think the big difference was the change the dolphins have done in playing less man to man and playing more cover 2 which Fletcher is much more comfortable in.

I almost crapped myself when I saw that play where he broke off the receiver going deep and almost intercepted the pass to another receiver. I was like "whoa........that was Fletcher?".

Madison gets taken by Harrison as well...

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Good point muck. Madison can handle him though :)

Well, those games must have been at least two years back. Cuz Sam has shut him down the last 3 games. *I no longer have my game tapes from 2000 and back*

As for Fletcher, I have to agree. He's really come on the last few weeks. My confidence in him has gone way up.

This may be a redundant issue, as the title of this thread may not intice too many Packer posters. However, for those of our Green Bay guests who watch Wisconsin college football, what did you make of Fletcher when he played for the Badgers??

Last year as well...

... especially against Cousins and Madison Harrison had a GREAT game in Indy. The game in Miami was a blow out, and the Colts self destructed.

Madison and Surtain have never shut Harrison down. Just like the rest of the NFL DB's, you do not shut down Harrison.

For the life of me I have never understood why so many ppl were in love with Cousins. He was a good DB, but it's not like he was a world class DB. He was just simply 100 times better than the stiff who use to play 3rd CB for us. Damn Wilson stunk.

Oliver...

Originally posted by Muck
Well, those games must have been at least two years back. Cuz Sam has shut him down the last 3 games. *I no longer have my game tapes from 2000 and back*

As for Fletcher, I have to agree. He's really come on the last few weeks. My confidence in him has gone way up.

Definitely not last year in Indy. I've watched that game at least 50 times. Sam seperated his shoulder that game (while baiting Manning into that throw to Harrison.....Madison gets the INT!!).

Harrison had that great game against SURTAIN and Co. Not Madison. Surtain was torched and Fletcher was owned that day.

Originally posted by Muck
Definitely not last year in Indy. I've watched that game at least 50 times. Sam seperated his shoulder that game (while baiting Manning into that throw to Harrison.....Madison gets the INT!!).

Harrison had that great game against SURTAIN and Co. Not Madison. Surtain was torched and Fletcher was owned that day.

Ya muck I have that tape to, I think Madison still feels the effects of that injury. He's not as agressive of a tackler he was before that injury. He kind of shy's away from direct hits in run support.

Back
Top Bottom