i heard a rumor............ | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

i heard a rumor............

dolfan06

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
the colts were in trouble financially and they might move to LA as early as next year. they will not have an owner, but will be owned by the taxpayers like green bay. has anybody else heard this?:confused:

I heard that the Colts may be going to LA but I don't know about the ownership issue. What I like is that an AFC South team may play out on the west coast. The wonders of realignment! :D

i don't know how the colts would do out here

Originally posted by Schleckbaum
I heard that the Colts may be going to LA but I don't know about the ownership issue. What I like is that an AFC South team may play out on the west coast. The wonders of realignment! :D
there are still quite a few rams fans and raider fans. the colts were the rams biggest rival!

This seems a bit strange. One hand, it looks greedy because the Colts don't have any problems with fan support in Indianapolis so the logical conclusion is that the ownership is looking for greener pastures.

On the other hand, there would have to be some vulture-like businessperson involved to fit that scenario. If there is no owner involved who's the one that's making the money?

But it's also bizarre that a city the size of LA doesn't have a team. I know about how they botched their previous experiences with the NFL, but when you have hobunk places like Buffalo and Indy with teams while LA has none, well that's just ridiculous. Furthermore, why should the Bay Area have two teams while LA goes unrepresented?

It's not about being greedy, it's about bringing love to the people (yeah right). It's just a wierd thing IMO.

Living in a two-team town, it boggles the mind what NYC would do if it lost both the Jets AND the Giants. If New Yorkers didn't have an appropriate outlet for their aggression, I'd have to wear a female condom in my butt just to walk down the street.

Get rid of the Jets, but please PLEASE oh lord, keep the Giants! :lol:

i don't think LA wants another team!

there was a move by seattle to get the seahawks down here, but the radio stations were flooded by calls, people saying they didn't want them!:rolleyes:

Sorry LA does not really deserve a team. let them watch the Lakers

hell,

Originally posted by Big I.Z.
Sorry LA does not really deserve a team. let them watch the Lakers
i don't want a team, we get to see the dolphins more when we don't have a home team to follow!

and the lakers are a hell of a show to watch!

The rumors are that if the Colts do move to Southern California that they would play at the Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl staff in the last year has become agressive. The recently failed West LA studium plam got the Rose Bowl staff scared that UCLA would leave the Rose Bowl and play in the new stadium that would be nearer the Campus. Also the soocer team, the Galaxy will leave the Rose Bowl in a year or 2 when a 25,000 seat soccer facility is built in the area.
Now when the Colts did their short sighted move to Indianapolis, the Hooiser Dome(now RCA Dome) only holds 60,000 which is too small for big games. The other prominant southern California suitor, the Vikings also play in a 60,000 seat dome.
If the Colts do move one positive for me would be the increased chances to see the Phins live out here.

The move would be cool since it would eliminate another artificial turf stadium. As far as the Colts are concerned I don't see how any one could follow this team since they care so little about their fans.

i'll agree to that!

As far as the Colts are concerned I don't see how any one could follow this team since they care so little about their fans
the way they left baltimore is a shame!:yell: :rolleyes:

NFL by-laws DO NOT allow for ownership by "taxpayers" anymore........Packers franchise was "grandfathered" and is and will be the only team allowed to continue this type of ownership

Originally posted by Miamian
This seems a bit strange. One hand, it looks greedy because the Colts don't have any problems with fan support in Indianapolis so the logical conclusion is that the ownership is looking for greener pastures.

On the other hand, there would have to be some vulture-like businessperson involved to fit that scenario. If there is no owner involved who's the one that's making the money?

Oh there'll be an owner, but to answer the "who's making the money?" question, the NFL owners will.

Colts are not in our division anymore let them move out to LA, then they'd have Tenn. and Jacksonville on the eastern side and LA and Houston on the western side, lots of travel to wear themselve out.
:up:

Originally posted by dolfan06
the colts were in trouble financially and they might move to LA as early as next year. they will not have an owner, but will be owned by the taxpayers like green bay. has anybody else heard this?:confused:

hey then the afc south will be out west!!! sound familiar? LMAO!:monkey:

Back
Top Bottom