I hope he is a bust... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope he is a bust...

Actually its Coles vs Conway and a late first rounder...because the Jets used the compensation from Coles to move up in the first round to take Robertson.

Coles vs Conway and a late first rounder? I'd rather have Coles. Especially with Conway's age and extensive injury history. This is a guy the Phins were thinkin about signing as their 3rd WR / guy to compete with James McKnight...and the Jets have signed him to be their #1 WR.

BTW high first round DTs...more often than not, end up pretty good. I predict Robertson will be a high energy guy, able to shed and tackle, tie up blockers, but not really able to rush the passer. You really have to have some sick physical gifts like Warren Sapp or La'Roi Glover to be able to rush the passer from DT while being a full-time DT player.

YOu are right the draft pick as well, but then also throw in the fact that they would have been in cap hell matching that deal, I think they made a wise choice. And I absolutely love Laveranues Coles, ever since they got him in the 3rd round, but it was not smart to match that deal.

The cap figures in that deal were not very big in the first couple of years, I looked at them.

Meanwhile the contract they just gave Dewayne Robertson probably matches the figures that would have been paid to Coles.

Anyway its moot because its not like the Jets are faultless. If they had tendered Coles at the highest amount, merely paying 300k more than they tendered him at, the Redskins admit they would not have even made an offer. And a Pro Bowl caliber 1200 yard receiver in his 3rd year...a guy who has proven his worth even more than a guy like Peerless Price...you HAVE TO FRICKIN TENDER HIM THE HIGHEST! Heck I believe we tendered JT at the highest amount and that was before he was even a great DE.

Hey I agree with you, the front office made a mistake by not giving the higher tender, and I think that their initial contract offer was far too low, and more should have been done to sign him before Snyder could get his hands on him. However once the mistakes were made, a 14 million dollar signing bonus was too much.

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Who knows, he could be a bust, but 1 mini-camp does not make a career. By the way, here is how he makes up for Coles. They signed Conway. So really it is Conway(before you say he sucks, realize that he had like 850 yards in 13 games in a running offense) and Robertson for Coles, which is a pretty good deal.

Conway is no Coles, plain and simple...

A Bust is the last thing u need on that line with the loss of Ellis due to a drug violation

Originally posted by J-E-T-S
Who knows, he could be a bust, but 1 mini-camp does not make a career. By the way, here is how he makes up for Coles. They signed Conway. So really it is Conway(before you say he sucks, realize that he had like 850 yards in 13 games in a running offense) and Robertson for Coles, which is a pretty good deal.

Amazing how wrong that is :rolleyes: . The Jets got a first rounder which they traded with their other first rounder for Robertson. Hence:

1st Rounder + Coles = Robertson

The fact that you signed Conway (something any team could have done and most chose not to) doesn't mean anything.

By your logic: Dolphins signed Darius Thompson so we must have traded him for Brent Smith?

Buddy, Conway was signed to replace Coles. That is how it is relevant. If Coles had re-signed there would be no Conway. Simple as that.

Bryan Thomas was supposed to be a force last year at DE and they're saying the same thing about Robertson this year. To me it's all propaganda until it translates to the field.

Back
Top Bottom