I hope history don't repeat itself. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope history don't repeat itself.

He+was+only+half+ghost+hes+not+dead+_250cd46c5e3f178330d58a247a8c63dc.jpg

Remember years ago the Dolphins coach was Nick Saban and he had to decide which Quarterback to chose in the 2006 Free Agency. He was told by the Medical Doctors the injuries of Drew Brees and Dante Culpepper. I don't need to tell you if the Dolphins made the right decision do I? I hope the Dolphins Brass get experts on the condition of Tua before going all in.

The thing is, it wasn't even a matter of health, Culpepper was just not nearly as good as Brees. Saban can make all the excuses he wants, he just flat out whiffed on this and it's why he's back in college and not still coaching in the NFL.

I never even wanted pre injured Culpepper and was a huge fan of Brees.

Hip injuries have a alarming habit of shortening careers in the NFL. Bo Jackson, Dennis Pitta...

Hip injuries have a alarming habit of shortening careers in the NFL. Bo Jackson, Dennis Pitta...
What say you about CJ Mosley and his hip injury? Dudes still playing, since 2014, and he plays LB who expose their body to more hits than a qb.

The majority of us, if not all, have complained in the past about the Dolphins drafting oft-injured players with high picks. I don't want us to do it now either. Obviously we need a franchise QB. A franchise QB isn't only defined as someone who plays consistently great and elevates the play of his team. It's also about dependability (not missing games consistently) and longevity. The majority of the board seem to be on the Tua train, though some have cooled on it a bit since his latest injury. I wasn't all in on him even before the latest injury, but that's another topic altogether. What I'm getting at, I guess, is why are so many willing to take this risk with such a high pick on a guy who has proven to be somewhat fragile? And this latest injury could be a long term, nagging injury. I can't get on board with that. And to top it off, there is talk of us trading up for him!? No way. That's far too much to invest in a player who comes with a LOT of injury question marks and a lot of "hopefully"s. Especially at the most important position.

A frail QB with a history of injuries in college is going to be flattened in the NFL. The only way he might survive is if he has the #1 o-line in the history of the NFL protecting him. So, why would anyone want Miami to waste their top pick (or even worse, trade up) on Tua when the Front Office can't even build an average o-line?

Back
Top Bottom