I hope that all CBs are gone by KCs pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope that all CBs are gone by KCs pick

PhinsPhan

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I honestly hope that all the CBs are gone by KCs pick. What I would love even more is if we jacked up the asking price for Surtain if that happend. If they want to wait until the draft to see if their guy is there than we should increase the price on Surtain. Unfourtunatly good old CP would take this as a challenge to his manhood and not make the deal but then just as well. Maybe if Surtain does kill our cap I would love nothing better than to see KC lose its opportunity over the pride of their stupid GM.

Sorry KC fans thats just how i feel.

Fabian Washington, Justin Miller will still be available. Probably Carlos Rogers too.

IMO - they could still use Surtain. He'll bring more value than any second rounder.

HysterikiLL said:
Fabian Washington, Justin Miller will still be available. Probably Carlos Rogers too.

IMO - they could still use Surtain. He'll bring more value than any second rounder.

In my mock, Rogers goes #9 (after Rolle is taken by Tenn and Pacman by Arizona).

It doesn't matter really... KC fans/media/staff all know this team has to win now. They need a proven pro bowl CB, period. Anything less ****s them in the short term (considering they have no long term, that team is old and doesn't play D).

HysterikiLL said:

Washington and Miller are late round firsts at best.

See it would be silly for K.C. to go after one of the corners when they could really improve their line with that first pick. Besides K.C's draft history is worse then the phins even.

VanDolPhan said:
Washington and Miller are late round firsts at best.

See it would be silly for K.C. to go after one of the corners when they could really improve their line with that first pick. Besides K.C's draft history is worse then the phins even.

That is true. I wonder how a team can still be that talented after having years of terrible drafts.

dominizzo said:
i hate peterson he will choke wat a mistake u made go get a unproven corner in the draft and feed him to the wolves saaaaaadddd
Week 7 KC @ Miami, Chris Chambers will be roasting whatever schmuck the Chiefs put out there..so I'm ok with it. :tongue:

Let them not trade for Pat. They won't be getting Rolle, Jones, or Rogers. If Ty Law, one of the lesser CBs in the draft, or nobody works for them that's fine with me. If it doesn't, the pre-draft sale price on Pat goes away and we're talking about 2006 1st round and a second day pick. :)

The person pushing this draft deadline is the moron in KC. He's the one who is in no place to be making demands when he's already getting a deal. When he ends up paying more, he'll understand that quite well. My ideal situation at this point is to get them on the phone after Rogers goes. Maybe he'll be wetting himself so badly we can really take them. :D

PhinsPhan said:
I honestly hope that all the CBs are gone by KCs pick. What I would love even more is if we jacked up the asking price for Surtain if that happend. If they want to wait until the draft to see if their guy is there than we should increase the price on Surtain. Unfourtunatly good old CP would take this as a challenge to his manhood and not make the deal but then just as well. Maybe if Surtain does kill our cap I would love nothing better than to see KC lose its opportunity over the pride of their stupid GM.

Sorry KC fans thats just how i feel.

If you jack up the price then KC won't bite. They will trade down and draft a CB in the first or second and then go after Law. Many of you here are very petty and take the whole Surtain situation as some type of attack upon your personal honor. You would be fine with screwing your cap just so you can mess with a team that is not even in your division? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Sarcastro said:
If you jack up the price then KC won't bite. They will trade down and draft a CB in the first or second and then go after Law. Many of you here are very petty and take the whole Surtain situation as some type of attack upon your personal honor. You would be fine with screwing your cap just so you can mess with a team that is not even in your division? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I know you must hate your GM as much as we do. The guy is a moron. But lets face it, there is more than a fair offer. Low Balling and delaying the trade is just pissing everyone off. I dont feel personally attacked but this is just rediculous. To me it seems like a lack of respect to the organization. Plus if we keep Surtain our cap will work out. David Bowens can still be cut, I am sure that we can find some of our vets to rework their contracts too. It wont be easy but it is better than dumping Surtain for nothing.

I know that KC will not bite if the price is jacked up. Peterson would take that as a attack upon his personal honor. But fact is why should KC get to wait to see if there is any options left while the Dolphins should be forced to keep the same asking rate. The asking rate should vary depending on the market. Slowly the market is disappearing and there is very little left. If you go into the draft and dont draft a CB in the first and then nothing is left by your second, the price on Surtain should be moved up. If you dont want a price increase then just make the deal now. It only makes sense seeing as how a 2nd is already a fair value for Surtain.

I dont hate KC fans I think Peterson is a tool though. Like I said you have smart fans but a dumb front office.

they'll be looking for one of the top 3 - rogers, jones or rolle.

Miller, Washington, Jackson are all reaches at #15.

Apparently, they really like Rogers, and that could be what the Surtain deal hinges upon.

PhinsPhan said:
I know you must hate your GM as much as we do. The guy is a moron. But lets face it, there is more than a fair offer. Low Balling and delaying the trade is just pissing everyone off. I dont feel personally attacked but this is just rediculous. To me it seems like a lack of respect to the organization. Plus if we keep Surtain our cap will work out. David Bowens can still be cut, I am sure that we can find some of our vets to rework their contracts too. It wont be easy but it is better than dumping Surtain for nothing.

I know that KC will not bite if the price is jacked up. Peterson would take that as a attack upon his personal honor. But fact is why should KC get to wait to see if there is any options left while the Dolphins should be forced to keep the same asking rate. The asking rate should vary depending on the market. Slowly the market is disappearing and there is very little left. If you go into the draft and dont draft a CB in the first and then nothing is left by your second, the price on Surtain should be moved up. If you dont want a price increase then just make the deal now. It only makes sense seeing as how a 2nd is already a fair value for Surtain.

I dont hate KC fans I think Peterson is a tool though. Like I said you have smart fans but a dumb front office.

The funny thing about Carl is that we would actually probably have some pretty good 1st and 2nd round picks if he would just listen to our scouting department. He usually just picks whoever the scouting department wants in the later rounds we usually get some good players from there.

Regarding up the ante once the CBs are gone I just don't think it makes sense for Saban. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I think the fact that many Dolphins would not see Surtain go AT ALL leads them to go farther then I think Saban is. Saban wants to get rid of Surtain. He wants to have a good cap situation.

No, he won't give him up for a 4th, but if he stands pat then the Chiefs lose out on all the top three CBs in the draft and Carl offers a 2nd I think he would see that as his plan of standing pat being successful. Why would he up the asking price to a 1st rounder or something? Carl would just go after Ty Law and a 2nd round CB then. That sounds like something Carl would do to screw himself out a decent deal.

finsnchips said:
they'll be looking for one of the top 3 - rogers, jones or rolle.

Miller, Washington, Jackson are all reaches at #15.

Apparently, they really like Rogers, and that could be what the Surtain deal hinges upon.

There was article published today that said the news out of Arrowhead is that even if they get Surtain they still want either a corner (Rogers) or safety (Davis) at 15. If Carl is going to depend on a rookie CB, no matter how shiny he looks, then he is making a huge miscalculation.

They probably wouldn't draft Miller or Jackson at 15. They would probably trade down to the late 1st first. I would hope they wouldn't draft Fabian at all. Just say no to workout warriors.

Sarcastro said:

No kidding. I guess we should have faxed Carl Peterson immovable demands a few months ago, including a deadline and the wording of his speech once they acquired Surtain for 1st rounders in each of the next 10 years.

In the salary cap era you forfeit the upper hand in certain situations. The numbers are hardly secretive. Market value is not the equivalent of player ability in those situations. We just need to put ourselves in position to take advantage of that the other way around.

Let's say next offseason Saban is putting the squeeze on some team who has a top player they can't reasonably afford. I wonder if the same posters will be bashing Saban for being too damn cheap?

Jimmy James said:
My ideal situation at this point is to get them on the phone after Rogers goes. Maybe he'll be wetting himself so badly we can really take them. :D

dude thats awesome. the thought of that made my morning!!

Back
Top Bottom