I hope we go 9-7, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we go 9-7, make the playoffs, and win the Super Bowl..

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
Just to see the Suck4Luck fans eat a mountain of crow, teach them a lesson, that they should never ever root for their team to lose.

Yea, well its not going to happen. We will never be a team capable of winning 9 games in a row until we get a QB. Thats the SFLers point.

Its not like most of us even root against the team. We just know that its for the best when we lose.

I hope we win a superbowl....just to win a superbowl.

Oh, and that would also mean we have a quarterback.

I wish global warming would fry up the earth in the next few years just so all the doubters will have to eat crow and learn a lesson.

/normaldude post

Yea, well its not going to happen. We will never be a team capable of winning 9 games in a row until we get a QB.

In the 1999 season, the previously 4-12 Rams had a supermarket worker named Kurt Warner as their QB, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Never cheer for your team to lose.

I wish global warming would fry up the earth in the next few years just so all the doubters will have to eat crow and learn a lesson.

/normaldude post

That's a poor analogy, because a Miami Dolphins super bowl win would be a win-win situation (Miami Dolphins get another super bowl win, while making S4L fans eat crow).

Just to see the Suck4Luck fans eat a mountain of crow, teach them a lesson, that they should never ever root for their team to lose.
Don't sound like much of a fan if the only reason you are rooting for a Super Bowl (at 9-7...:lol: ) is make others look bad.

But hey, if that's what it takes to make people want a Super Bowl instead of settling for continued mediocrity, I'll take it!

That's a poor analogy, because a Miami Dolphins super bowl win would be a win-win situation (Miami Dolphins get another super bowl win, while making S4L fans eat crow).

Yea, its not the greatest analogy, but I was just shooting for something impossible. Not even sure my example reached you level of impossibility though.

In the 1999 season, the previously 4-12 Rams had a supermarket worker named Kurt Warner as their QB, and went on to win the Super Bowl.

Never cheer for your team to lose.
Kurt Warner was a Hall of Fame caliber QB and an anomaly.

Uh, I think everyone on the site probably wishes that.

Kurt Warner was a Hall of Fame caliber QB and an anomaly.

At the beginning of the 1999 season, Kurt Warner was an obscure backup QB. Like Matt Moore.

You never know when the light will go on, and things will turn around.

At the beginning of the 1999 season, Kurt Warner was an obscure backup QB. Like Matt Moore.

Matt Moore has also had three seasons worth of starting for the light to go on, one of which resulted in Carolina getting Cam Newton.

I absolutely LOVE your optimism, but a few things to please keep in mind.

We are all Dolphin fans. All of us (Cept for the incredibly high number of trolls that like to frequent this site) and regardless of how we get there, we ALL want us to win.
By calling out one mindset over the other so that one can eat crow is turning us into Jest fans brother. Nothing good will come of it. NOTHING. I also don't care for the mindset of losing games just for the pie-in-the-sky hope of making it all better, but calling people out that have the same end-result aspirations will never work. We will all be at odds forever while Jest, CHeatriot and even Jill fans make fun of us..and at this point, we are making ourselves very very easy targets.

You know what, I hope Matt Moore does turn out to be the next anomaly. That would be great, and its about time for our luck to change, but if and when things turn around, regardless of how it happens, I hope to still be virtual friends with the majority of posters here regardless of what each of us believes is the better path.

Now then, here's to hoping that Matt Moore pulls of 3 incredible games in a row (I actually am willing to say 3-3/4th cause I thought he looked very damn good for the first 3 quarters of the Gints game), and I honestly believe he can!!!

spesh said:
I hope we win a superbowl....just to win a superbowl.

Oh, and that would also mean we have a quarterback.​

Baltimore did it without one. Dilfer got a ring and was traded or cut the very next season for Elvis Gerbach.

Back
Top Bottom