I hope we lose to the Jets | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we lose to the Jets

Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.
I think there are new drugs on the market apparently making people very delusional.... This is by far the most ridiculous post ever. The OP is definitely not a Dolphins fan and don't know the AFC East bad blood between the Jets and the Dolphins.

Trevor Lawrence is a good qb

Trevor Lawrence is a fine qb prospect.

Trevor Lawrence is not as great as his hype.

Lawrence is basically a better Justin Herbert. He's absolutely worthy of being the #1 overall pick and I would totally draft him, but he's not a generational prospect as far as being able to just sit back in the pocket and pick you apart all over the field. At least not yet he's not.

I would hate to be in the same division as a Mahomes for the next decade+. That would be awful. This would just be inconvenient.

The Jets are a mess, with or without Trevor Lawrence they will remain a mess until they get a good GM/HC. Unless Lawrence is so generational that he's going to draft, develop, and coach up the players.

Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.
The Jets will lose this weekend to the Dolphins and later in the season too. The Jets will likely also get the first pick in the 2021 draft and Lawrence will be their next QB. If Tua is the QB so many think he will be in the NFL, it shouldn’t matter if Lawrence is the Jets QB. If Tua isn’t the answer at the QB position for the Dolphins, they will be in major trouble going forward no matter who the Jets QB is.

The Jets are a mess, with or without Trevor Lawrence they will remain a mess until they get a good GM/HC. Unless Lawrence is so generational that he's going to draft, develop, and coach up the players.

Currentness means nothing. If Lawrence is a generational talent it shows quickly and trivializes all personnel and coaching matters around him. The Jets instantly have their pick of coaches, including someone like Urban Meyer.

I will never understand why so many get totally stuck in here and now, without logical clarity forward. It doesn't matter what any of us think of Trevor Lawrence. He was dominant in high school and has been dominant in college. I remember the same nitpicking of his game in the Army All-American high school all star game, that it wouldn't translate to college. One year later Lawrence wiped out Alabama for the national title.

I'm not rooting for the Jets, even though I like them and will have a wager on them. But it's silly not to concede that the OP has a valid point. Down the road nobody will give a flip about the Dolphins/Jets outcome of October 2020. They will give a flip about the 2021 NFL Draft and where the super blue chip quarterback falls.

Lawrence under pressure is not that accurate. Beat the jets. Lawrence is no joe Namath.

Marino is one of the greatest qbs ever and never won a super bowl.

Currentness means nothing. If Lawrence is a generational talent it shows quickly and trivializes all personnel and coaching matters around him. The Jets instantly have their pick of coaches, including someone like Urban Meyer.

I will never understand why so many get totally stuck in here and now, without logical clarity forward. It doesn't matter what any of us think of Trevor Lawrence. He was dominant in high school and has been dominant in college. I remember the same nitpicking of his game in the Army All-American high school all star game, that it wouldn't translate to college. One year later Lawrence wiped out Alabama for the national title.

I'm not rooting for the Jets, even though I like them and will have a wager on them. But it's silly not to concede that the OP has a valid point. Down the road nobody will give a flip about the Dolphins/Jets outcome of October 2020. They will give a flip about the 2021 NFL Draft and where the super blue chip quarterback falls.
I wouldn't hire Urban Meyer to coach a pro team. I'll be ecstatic if the jests went that route.

The only coach I can think of that successfully made the transition directly from collegiate to NFL HC, with no pro background was JJ.

Are there others?

Generational QBs are not one read wonders who can run themselves out of trouble - those are great athletes and they can win under the right circumstances

Generational QBs are not one read wonders who can run themselves out of trouble - those are great athletes and they can win under the right circumstances
Sure, until thier bodies give out, or they come up against a top defense, like in a playoff situation.

That's why I said until they get a good GM/HC which is speaking towards their future not their currentness. There is no such thing as a QB so great that he trivialized personnel and coaching. Marino+GOAT Shula couldn't overcome bad personnel, I can't imagine how much worse it would have been if we had a bad HC to go along with bad personnel during the Marino years.

Back
Top Bottom