I hope we lose to the Jets | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we lose to the Jets

I wouldn't hire Urban Meyer to coach a pro team. I'll be ecstatic if the jests went that route.

The only coach I can think of that successfully made the transition directly from collegiate to NFL HC, with no pro background was JJ.

Are there others?
True that
He’s a college coach, wouldn’t be able to coach NFL players and their prima Donna attitudes
Everyone is always pushing the next JJ and right now he doesn’t exist

Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.

cheech-and-chong-up-in-smoke-620.jpg

Los Cochinos approved!

Id rather go through a 2nd circumcision, with hedge clippers, than root for the Dolphins to lose to the F'n, Hated Jets
Hedge clippers?

dude just the mention of this scenario makes me a Richard Todd fan....East with the ****ing clippers...

I'll admit, if it were week 17, and the difference between the #1 pick in the draft and the #4 pick would mean Miami had to lose the Jets, I'd maybe root for Miami to lose. However, this is week six. 4x* the Jests. In this situation, I'd never root for Miami to lose to them.

Cmon!!!

Andrew Luck!!

I am so sorry! lol I had an epic brain freeze moment. I was thinking of guys who fizzled out after 7 years. Injuries can be the great equalizer when it comes to guys having long careers.

Losing 5 more games than the year before because they had Cassel instead of Brady, you mean.

Nothing forever diminished Brady's value.

I know they lost 5 more games. The 16-0 team was a bit of a fluke (in addition to being a very good team, a lot of things have to go your way to go unbeaten in an NFL season...many of those had nothing to do with Brady). The Pats didn't get some of those breaks in 2008.

Thanks for having my back on the spelling error. How’s your own spelling of “important” looking? Anyway, you can’t convince me rooting for the Dolphins to lose to the Jets because we are afraid of who they might draft it not dumb. Sorry!!

Touche! I am sorry, man. I was in a mood yesterday. I'd agree that I would never root for the Dolphins to lose to the Jets. I would never root for the Dolphins to lose (there are times when losses aren't the end of the world, but I would never root for them to lose).

did they not say the same thing when they got darnold? give me a break

I know they lost 5 more games. The 16-0 team was a bit of a fluke (in addition to being a very good team, a lot of things have to go your way to go unbeaten in an NFL season...many of those had nothing to do with Brady). The Pats didn't get some of those breaks in 2008.
They beat teams by an AVERAGE of almost 20 points a game. That isn't a fluke and it certainly isn't a close enough margin to win or lose based on "things going your way". That's the largest point differential in modern NFL history and it's not even close.

Back
Top Bottom