I hope we lose to the Jets | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I hope we lose to the Jets

Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.

So you would rather see our biggest rival win, just so they don't get a chance at a player that may or may not live up to his supposed greatness, rather then see the team you root for win?

tenor-1.gif

F**k the Jets!!!

I don’t care who they draft. I want to beat them this weekend and the next time we play.

If Tua is as good as he was in college and we protect him (OL doing well so far) it won’t matter.

Kev, you said TL has a cannon but he's being coached to win now and not being prepared for the next level. Did you mean that Clemson doesn't have a pro style offense?

They beat teams by an AVERAGE of almost 20 points a game. That isn't a fluke and it certainly isn't a close enough margin to win or lose based on "things going your way". That's the largest point differential in modern NFL history and it's not even close.

On average, yes. But not every game was that way. Baltimore should have beaten them in the early December game but Bart Scott lost his cool. I wasn't meaning the entire season was a fluke. But there were fluke moments during that season that allowed them to go unbeaten.

On average, yes. But not every game was that way. Baltimore should have beaten them in the early December game but Bart Scott lost his cool. I wasn't meaning the entire season was a fluke. But there were fluke moments during that season that allowed them to go unbeaten.
Same as the '72 Dolphins. Every team needs luck to won that many games and an eventual Championship, but you're acting like it was the same team in 2008 with Cassel whose luck ran out. That's just simply not the case.

Admittedly, Lawrence looks great. But with the Jets he'd likely underachieve anyway. That organization hasn't been able to find the right coach longer than Miami. It could happen, but a winning program is more than just finding a franchise quarterback. The Jets always seem to find ways to screw things up.

I would never root for Miami to lose. On the flip side, there are seven playoff teams this year. Not saying the Dolphins are a playoff team, but not saying it couldn't happen. Can you imagine losing to the the Jets and missing a playoff opportunity because of that?

Trevor Lawrence sucks. Yea I said that.
You obviously must be writing about another Trevor Lawrence and not the Lawrence who is the QB at Clemson. I have no idea how successful Lawrence will be in the NFL but he is one of the best QB’s in the history of college football. Saying he sucks merely shows your lack of knowledge when it comes to college football.

So you would rather see our biggest rival win, just so they don't get a chance at a player that may or may not live up to his supposed greatness, rather then see the team you root for win?

View attachment 56508
I hate the jets. I used to hate the Colts. I don't hate the jets as much as the bills or the cheatriots though.

That's probably because the jets haven't been very good since I started watching football. The bills pretty much dominated through a lot of the Marino years, and the cheatriots cheated and dominated ever since.

Kev, you said TL has a cannon but he's being coached to win now and not being prepared for the next level. Did you mean that Clemson doesn't have a pro style offense?
When I watch he rifles it where the OC told him regardless of where the D is - I feel he is programmed to throw it because the O has called a play that meant to sway the D lots of motion so It puzzles the D they are out of position.

Every so often the D is in the right place but not because they kno they are in the right place if you kno what I mean the motion is crazy back there but he is athletic to squeeze balls in - I like him - I think he can escape the pocket at least

Last edited:
Finish them...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 02.50.17.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-14 at 02.50.17.png
    186 KB · Views: 15
Hear me out. I almost never like to root for a loss, but I really really don't want the Jets to be picking 1st in next years draft. I like Tua, but he's not in Lawrence's league. If the Jets get Lawrence, he's going to be kicking our butts for a next 15 years. What better way to screw the Jets, then giving them some meaningless wins thus ensuring they wander the wilderness for the foreseeable future. Let them take some overhyped athlete like Fields or Lance if they want a QB.

are you a righty or lefty? Do us a favor, take your dominant hand, put your head up against a wall and slap yourself a few times.

Back
Top Bottom