I Just Don't Care Anymore. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Just Don't Care Anymore.

Phinfan31

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
For 2 decades I have invested so much of my time and energy into following this team...a blind and ignorant hope drove me. Passion is what drove me.

But no more.

I can finally let it all go. Its not that I won't be a fan anymore...but I just won't give a ****. Its become increasingly clear over the years that the NFL is a business and those who are in the "business of winning" are the largest football markets in the country. Is that a coincidence? Not sure...but that is besides the point.

Whether there are powers that be that dictate certain happenings in the NFL - from staff/coaches/players...to calls on the field...to rules being circumvented deliberately...one thing is for sure - none of it favors the Miami Dolphins if true.

And if its not true -- we just have a totally ****ing incompetent owner. We now have 2 unproven people in the most significant positions of our organization. We will surely lose for years to come. There is no longer any hope.

This might be a major relief to my mental health. I've been in therapy for 2 years for other reasons...but THIS might be the key to my recovery...the fact that I just won't give a **** anymore. There is nothing to be excited about. I never thought I would see the day where the Cleveland Browns were the most coveted team in the league and the Dolphins are the LAST.

Our only hope is that we get top 5 picks for the next few years in a row and lose so bad that these guys get cleaned out and then we become a coveted spot just like the Browns have done. Because I don't see Ross selling the team until hes about to die - he just built us a new stadium...it isn't happening.

It's one huge conspiracy. Ross is a Jets fan and he is on a mission to totally destroy our team in every way. I can see him one of these days come to the podium wearing a Jets jersey and saying "mission accomplished".

Yep, Ross has destroyed the Dolphins. We are now what the Browns were

I have other hobbies that never let me down. Fishing/ Watch collecting. I became a Dolphins fan in 1982 and if nothing else I pat myself for my loyalty I show this team. It builds character.

If you're frustrated with the team and want to vent, please vent. It might make you feel better.

If you want to take a step back and stop following the team so closely, then take a step back. I won't ever fault you for that.

I think all of us will welcome you back when you're ready.

Can't stress enough that this is just a game

There are a load of things that actually matter in life. Family, friends, charity, work, etc. it can be a little different for everybody

Sports, this team in general, are about dead last in things that matter. If you are dealing w/ an abnormal amount of stress, or you are letting this team negatively consume space in your head and you aren't putting enough time into the things that actually matter, then take a step back. Forget this stuff bc even though we all love it, it doesn't matter at all

Getting worked up just isn't good for your health. Hope you can find peace w/ it brother

Yeah, this just sucks. I am laughing at other franchises and their picks and we come up with this? Hell I thought he was a Rooney Rule interview. Sorry not being a jerk but you have guys like Richard, McCarthy, try for a Harbaugh or even Chuck Pagano and this is what you come up with? Damn, turd in the punch bowl bad. We used to get our pick of the litter even if they turned out bad. A mediocre GM paired with this uninspired pick? Depressing

Yeah, this just sucks. I am laughing at other franchises and their picks and we come up with this? Hell I thought he was a Rooney Rule interview. Sorry not being a jerk but you have guys like Richard, McCarthy, try for a Harbaugh or even Chuck Pagano and this is what you come up with? Damn, turd in the punch bowl bad. We used to get our pick of the litter even if they turned out bad. A mediocre GM paired with this uninspired pick? Depressing
Pagano- sucks
Mccarthy- lol .... Did anyone pick that dude? Wonder why not?
Harbaugh - resigning with the Ravens. Stupid to trade picks for him
Richard - Guy I wanted. Not going to lie.

For 2 decades I have invested so much of my time and energy into following this team...a blind and ignorant hope drove me. Passion is what drove me.

But no more.

I can finally let it all go. Its not that I won't be a fan anymore...but I just won't give a ****. Its become increasingly clear over the years that the NFL is a business and those who are in the "business of winning" are the largest football markets in the country. Is that a coincidence? Not sure...but that is besides the point.

Whether there are powers that be that dictate certain happenings in the NFL - from staff/coaches/players...to calls on the field...to rules being circumvented deliberately...one thing is for sure - none of it favors the Miami Dolphins if true.

And if its not true -- we just have a totally ****ing incompetent owner. We now have 2 unproven people in the most significant positions of our organization. We will surely lose for years to come. There is no longer any hope.

This might be a major relief to my mental health. I've been in therapy for 2 years for other reasons...but THIS might be the key to my recovery...the fact that I just won't give a **** anymore. There is nothing to be excited about. I never thought I would see the day where the Cleveland Browns were the most coveted team in the league and the Dolphins are the LAST.

Our only hope is that we get top 5 picks for the next few years in a row and lose so bad that these guys get cleaned out and then we become a coveted spot just like the Browns have done. Because I don't see Ross selling the team until hes about to die - he just built us a new stadium...it isn't happening.
You say this now.

But give it time.

Come two weeks prior to the draft, you'll be right back in the thick of it.

Just before training camp arrives, you'll be so thirsty for any morsel of football that by the time the season kicks off, you'll have new gear, resubscribed to Sunday Ticket and secured game tickets.

It's a cycle. We've all been there.

Back
Top Bottom