I Just Don't Care Anymore. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Just Don't Care Anymore.

You say this now.

But give it time.

Come two weeks prior to the draft, you'll be right back in the thick of it.

Just before training camp arrives, you'll be so thirsty for any morsel of football that by the time the season kicks off, you'll have new gear, resubscribed to Sunday Ticket and secured game tickets.

It's a cycle. We've all been there.

In years past I’d agree. But this is different. We all had hope Miami would turn it around year after year and only got the results that they wouldn’t late in the season. Now though it seems as if the expectations ahead of time are a few years of being horrendous (not 7-9/8-8 but Top 3 pick bad).

This is different than in years past. I don’t know how to react to what is happening.

Pagano- sucks
Mccarthy- lol .... Did anyone pick that dude? Wonder why not?
Harbaugh - resigning with the Ravens. Stupid to trade picks for him
Richard - Guy I wanted. Not going to lie.

Pagano has won in the NFL, McCarthy has been to the top ( I remember when people didn't want Philbin because they knew McCarthy made all the calls), we don't even know what pick or picks needed for Harbaugh and Richard looked like a great communicator, developer and hopefully leader. All of the above sure looked better than Flores.

Good for you bro. I reached that point around 2003 or so. You'll still follow the team, just like I do, but your identity won't be so wrapped up in a stupid losing team.

This is probably why I felt so tied to Gase... he was the one who was supposed to finally bring us back to greatness, right? I mean really...he was the "offensive guru who helped break the record book...the QB whisperer...the Saban prodigy..." As much as I hated the calls...I wanted to believe it. Because if it turned out to be true (even if delayed) we were talking a dynasty in the making....the guy is how old? Is he even 40 yet? I would have given him at least one more year because there was no promising candidates this year and I actually liked our team culture - I liked it a lot...we were decimated by injuries. Now we will never know...and we are now faced with the risk of the Jets punishing us for years to come if he pans out. That is something I struggle with the notion of living with...

A lot of this is probably the external forces. I'm a vet with anxiety/depression/PTSD...I have no hope for society...

(edit --- I was saying some political stuff so I removed it...I think I'm going to make a post in that forum and maybe become more active in there)

A hobby is precisely what I need. Gotta find some guys in Hawaii who like golf. Anyways...I'm digressing way off of our team at this point so I just wanna say I appreciate the words of support. I had expected responses like "good get outta here. we won't miss fans that give up" n stuff like that...lol so it was a pleasant surprise. I admire some of you are keeping the positive energy going forward but I just cant do it at this time.

Welcome to Dolphin Club Apathy. Been a fan since the Griese days and finally lost it around the the time of we extended Sparano after publicly chasing Harbaugh. They have ruined my weekends for years before I reached that feeling that it's just not worth the aggravation. I'm too old for this **** and will never let this team drag me down again. Go ahead..... Hire Flores who is probably not qualified. Who knows, maybe by some miracle and he turns into something special.

More likely, he and and his buddy Grier get fired in 3-4 years after more 6-8 wins seasons so we can start over again...without a decent QB. We are the NFL version of Groundhog Day.

For 2 decades I have invested so much of my time and energy into following this team...a blind and ignorant hope drove me. Passion is what drove me.

But no more.

I can finally let it all go. Its not that I won't be a fan anymore...but I just won't give a ****.......

So, you are letting go after this post?

This is probably why I felt so tied to Gase... he was the one who was supposed to finally bring us back to greatness, right? I mean really...he was the "offensive guru who helped break the record book...the QB whisperer...the Saban prodigy..." As much as I hated the calls...I wanted to believe it. Because if it turned out to be true (even if delayed) we were talking a dynasty in the making....the guy is how old? Is he even 40 yet? I would have given him at least one more year because there was no promising candidates this year and I actually liked our team culture - I liked it a lot...we were decimated by injuries. Now we will never know...and we are now faced with the risk of the Jets punishing us for years to come if he pans out. That is something I struggle with the notion of living with...

A lot of this is probably the external forces. I'm a vet with anxiety/depression/PTSD...I have no hope for society...

(edit --- I was saying some political stuff so I removed it...I think I'm going to make a post in that forum and maybe become more active in there)

A hobby is precisely what I need. Gotta find some guys in Hawaii who like golf. Anyways...I'm digressing way off of our team at this point so I just wanna say I appreciate the words of support. I had expected responses like "good get outta here. we won't miss fans that give up" n stuff like that...lol so it was a pleasant surprise. I admire some of you are keeping the positive energy going forward but I just cant do it at this time.

It definitely stings. Doesn’t this feel like a VERY distant memory?

068201E4-C55F-4A1D-BF21-0E1E80F2F432.jpeg

Jimmy Johnson was supposed to recreate what he did in Dallas in Miami, Saban was supposed to come in and become a dominant coach in the pros like it was college, Bill Parcells took over football operations and he was supposed to lead us back, and Adam Gase was supposed to be a quarterback-whispering, offensive genius. How did all of those work out in the long run? A little success with JJ and moments here and there otherwise. Maybe Flores will be the opposite, where he becomes the great one that we actually weren't expecting. We can dream anyway...

For 2 decades I have invested so much of my time and energy into following this team...a blind and ignorant hope drove me. Passion is what drove me.

But no more.

I can finally let it all go. Its not that I won't be a fan anymore...but I just won't give a ****. Its become increasingly clear over the years that the NFL is a business and those who are in the "business of winning" are the largest football markets in the country. Is that a coincidence? Not sure...but that is besides the point.

Whether there are powers that be that dictate certain happenings in the NFL - from staff/coaches/players...to calls on the field...to rules being circumvented deliberately...one thing is for sure - none of it favors the Miami Dolphins if true.

And if its not true -- we just have a totally ****ing incompetent owner. We now have 2 unproven people in the most significant positions of our organization. We will surely lose for years to come. There is no longer any hope.

This might be a major relief to my mental health. I've been in therapy for 2 years for other reasons...but THIS might be the key to my recovery...the fact that I just won't give a **** anymore. There is nothing to be excited about. I never thought I would see the day where the Cleveland Browns were the most coveted team in the league and the Dolphins are the LAST.

Our only hope is that we get top 5 picks for the next few years in a row and lose so bad that these guys get cleaned out and then we become a coveted spot just like the Browns have done. Because I don't see Ross selling the team until hes about to die - he just built us a new stadium...it isn't happening.
You see right there, you almost gave in and gave up but in your last paragraph you entrenched yourself as a self loathing, self hating, self non respecting Dolphins football fan. Take the last paragraph out, stick to it and recovery is right around the corner.

In 1999 the Dolphins had a nice lead on the Jets on MNF, Marino threw a pick while heading into the end zone from the 1 or 2 yard line to put the game away whixh sparked the Jets to a comeback. I was so upset I went in and quit my high paying job the next day because I realized “You don’t put your trust or faith in anyone but yourself” and guess what, I did 10 times better as my own Boss.

Do it man, quit the fins, heal yourself and comeback when they can get a responsible professional in charge and justify the mental and economic cost of being a fan. The largest part of being a fan is having “hope”! I can endure a 1-15 season knowing we have someone who has the resume or pedigree to move the needle but Ross and Greir are not the Bobsled Tandum we need right now, i’d Be cool with Rishard because he has experience and a track record of success. This is an optics move that a corporation would make to try and make everyone feel good, look at all the positive talk about the Dolphins right now, that’s exactly what Ross wants, optics over options. Expect Kappernik at QB next season and the public relations experiment will be complete. Save yourself man, save yourself!

2019, 2020 are going to be unbearable to watch. I’m sure there will be a player or 2 that’ll be fun to watch just like a Ronnie Brown was in 2007 until he tore his ACL

Make no mistake your friends are gonna mock the Dolphins, remind you how much they suck, laugh at how they are 0-12 and may not win a game.

The prime time games will be next to nothing.

Here’s the worst part..........if Grier craps the bed those 2-3 years will be for nothing.

So you could be looking at a 5-6 year rebuild.

If you're frustrated with the team and want to vent, please vent. It might make you feel better.

If you want to take a step back and stop following the team so closely, then take a step back. I won't ever fault you for that.

I think all of us will welcome you back when you're ready.

Ya man, let's see how sanctimonious you are next year when the Dolphins are 1-9 come week 10.

Back
Top Bottom